dmulally's pimpin' Imp

fuel

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping the brains trust can help me. The only air filters I can find are pit bike ones on a 45 degree angle. 

It is 60mm id. I could possibly get a 45 degree reducer to 50mm and then use some VW beetle aftermarket chrome ones. 

I do have one ramflo but it wont fit without some pipe cut at an angle between. 

Open to ideas. 

Screenshot_20231017-201848~2.png

Screenshot_20231017-201905~2.png

6 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Ramflo is at least an extra 20 bhp plus the everyday excitement of if it might do this... 

2076371414.jpg

So frustrating that I have 3 ramflo filters but all three a different. I'm not at a stage of my life where I can use miss matching air filters. 

Even Imp owners have some standards. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For each set of white/blue/yellow (I assume they are bundled together), 

Then if you want a 30A fused fan switch relay (#2 as per pic although you could change the fuses)

Connect the fan switch/temp switch to supply + 12V to the white wire of the bundle when you want the fan on, and the fan motor to the yellow wire of the bundle. Don't use the blue wire, just wrap the end with tape or something so you don't get a short.

Does that make sense?

The blue wires are normally closed, (on when the switch is off, off when the switch is on) you could use them for fail safe things like if the sensor or switch for a temp sensor were to fail the pump or fan comes on as default, although most sensors would be normally open, so you'd need to be specific about using the blue.

Googling the relay number it says its a accessories relay.. but only giving 5A to accessories seems problematic.. I know you could change it. Maybe one of the red positives is switched and the other is permanently live?

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2023 at 22:46, fuzzy-hair-man said:

The blue wires are normally closed, (on when the switch is off, off when the switch is on) you could use them for fail safe things like if the sensor or switch for a temp sensor were to fail the pump or fan comes on as default, although most sensors would be normally open, so you'd need to be specific about using the blue.

Googling the relay number it says its a accessories relay.. but only giving 5A to accessories seems problematic.. I know you could change it. Maybe one of the red positives is switched and the other is permanently live?

Im just about to test the red wires now. I hooked them both up to the beefy red wire from the engine bay but I still need power to the other side of the switches on the dash. 

So either that number 1 relay will provide it if it's always hot or one of the red wires will have to come off. Stand by. 

On 18/11/2023 at 22:46, fuzzy-hair-man said:

Right so the second red wire will go to the switches. With both connected to the battery the blue wires are off. Ill tape those off so they dont get into mischief. 

Few more things to test but I dont mind wiring. 

Screenshot_20231120-174544~2.png

• 3 weeks later...