Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

I don't mean to complicate things, I was just throwing ideas about.

I think J5 just planned to go with the flow again, and the free-for-all idea is by far the easiest to organize, so let's just go with that, and hope for the best.

We can put the options for food in that area on the data sheet, to help out the out of towners.

• Like 4

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No concern here just decussing ideas like others in here. Hadn't seen much food talk for hicks bay or gizzy.

Sounds like a pretty sweet idea @BLIZZO about the pre payment to make things easier if it was to go like that I'd be super easy to slap money down if that was a goer to make things easier been such a small venue as such.

Like accommodation good to chat and get groups in at the one location. Rang the motor Lodge and she was like man it's a busy weekend we don't have much rooms left only two bed ones. Told her a bunch of my Silly scooter fag mates all want to stay together. Doris sounded surprised why it was so busy. 

• Like 1

So the rsa is.in Hicks beI? 

I'm a huge fan of eating real food. Beige food/ road tucker gets old pretty fast.  If Ive got the option, I would like to eat rsa nosh. And wash it down with rsa beer from a glass. Then drink unhealthy quantities of cheap (and most likely warm) beer at the batch with the rest of you animals. 

Do you need to be a member to sample their offerings?

Also.after a day of wide.open throttle having my ass two stroke vibrated, sitting on something which isn't a 50 will be pretty damn nice.

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

So the rsa is.in Hicks beI? 

I'm a huge fan of eating real food. Beige food/ road tucker gets old pretty fast.  If Ive got the option, I would like to eat rsa nosh. And wash it down with rsa beer from a glass. Then drink unhealthy quantities of cheap (and most likely warm) beer at the batch with the rest of you animals. 

Do you need to be a member to sample their offerings?

Also.after a day of wide.open throttle having my ass two stroke vibrated, sitting on something which isn't a 50 will be pretty damn nice.

Lol this aint your typical RSA

The menu is a burger and chips or the deepfried seafood platter. We got signed in by Auntie and a few of the other regulars last year when we wanted to drink as per the rules but it was a very relaxed affair. 

I would say the motel resturant would provide flasher fare but considering the menu link redirects the home page im not too confident

https://www.hicksbaymotel.co.nz/finish-line-restaurant-and-cocktail-bar/

3 hours ago, 64valiant said:

No concern here just decussing ideas like others in here. Hadn't seen much food talk for hicks bay or gizzy.

Sounds like a pretty sweet idea @BLIZZO about the pre payment to make things easier if it was to go like that I'd be super easy to slap money down if that was a goer to make things easier been such a small venue as such.

Like accommodation good to chat and get groups in at the one location. Rang the motor Lodge and she was like man it's a busy weekend we don't have much rooms left only two bed ones. Told her a bunch of my Silly scooter fag mates all want to stay together. Doris sounded surprised why it was so busy. 

Can confirm that I will have a bbq onboard back-up support vehicle no.2, along with food transporting capabilities. we can purchase said food @ opotiki or Whakatane before journey commencement and cook/consume at will if desired.

• Thanks 1

have been doing a bit here in there on the ST90 since finishing the CB50 for DGR last weekend. the wiring i did was rushed and hori as shit, and also took up all the room in the frame which ideally i wanted for storage (of like 1 can of beer lel). i also like the look of the stock aircleaner but cant use it as its way to small for this 150cc engine / carb doesnt line up with it or anything. so i gutted it out and turned it into a good space for everything electrical. this is ideal as if anything goes wrong in the electrical department its only 2 screws to open it and i can swap anything out.

RErPgMU.jpg

i now have this space in the frame where i will likely make a little plastic container and hold tools / spares / maybe another little fuel bottle

T4wvczj.jpg

also wanted to hold my phone for gps / filming purposes / wank factor and got this aliexpress ram mount rip off. very good quality actually, except the rubber balls arent as rubbery as my genuine ram mount. now i can pretend to me a 1200GS

sxmAirW.jpg

also just grabbed one of these KTM tool kits of trademe, bloody cheap at $44 and has most things, will just add a few to it. 

683767318.jpg

much more prepared this year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1