Brake Booster Rebuilders in Chch??

skotz

Hey Guys,

Has anyone had there brake booster rebuilt here in Chch? I'm trying to find a good guy that doesn't charge the earth....

It's for my 1983 Chev C10...

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Cheers!!

Scott

• Like 2

Canterbury Brake & Clutch do good work, we use them for work and have never had any problems.

I think its one of those things where other work shops say they can do it, send to CBC and then throw a small mark up on the job even though they did nothing.

• Like 3

Hey Guys,

I just picked up the Brake Booster from CBC in Sydenham. They did a fantastic job on the rebuild and @ $240 it even came with a fresh coat of paint on it. I'm stoked with the service they provided. Helps having friendly staff as well :)

• Like 2

It's a simple single diaphragm mastervac, diagnosing the problem would take only a minute with the booster out of the car and possibly 3 with it still installed.

I'm suprised you weren't given a more accurate quote; good to here it all worked out well.

• 4 weeks later...

i had atrocious dealings with safe r brakes, took them the booster from the corona, that i was pretty sure had a torn diaphragm. because when ever i stepped on the brakes the engine would try stall out.

they took it for a day and returned it saying there was no fault with it. and maybe it was the slave cylinder (what the fuck kind of idea that is, is another story) but i took it back to work and dug out the vacuum tester and after a couple minutes google searching how to test it, came to the same conclusion that it was damaged. took it back and surprise surprise when they actually took 2 minutes to pop it open the diaphragm was all kinds of fucked (later discovered no check valve and this cause fuel to end up in the booster and wrecked it. so 7 days later and several hundred poorer for the honor i did have a functioning booster, but i wish that other shop had come up in my search cause i really didn't want to take it back to those monkeys.