kirk28's JZS130G Crown Wagon

kirk28

Just fyi that model crown comes factory tinted in the rear. Tell vtnz to ring toyota parts and ask. Comes in 2 tint colours brown and blue.

thanks man, so where does that leave me with VTNZ? will they have to accept it? i.e it's exempt? or will they kick up a stink? Is the glass actually tinted with no film? i've organised for it to be sent straight from CHCH to a garage in NP...who will also check out a 1JZ- GTE...for me to think about.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so the car has rocked up at the garage,

Apparently the original VTNZ test is subject to 28 days for the retest? and if it goes over the time then I have to get it re-vinned? I am not familiar with process but sure someone here is.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so the mechanic has had a hard time tracking down the bushes, we have to go genuine toyota, cost = more than $1000, $2000 for all parts. Can't find a nolathane kit that will work, the mechanic also said that VTNZ are dicks because the bushes that are cracked are only to absorb vibration from the full chassis...anyone have some ideas on how to get the cost down?

Cheers

Ahh never mind...

Anyway I have a list of parts from the mechanic, he hasn't listed down the cost for the Body mounts, and I don;'t know which ones need replacing as vtnz just said "replace all cracked mounts" 

But here's a list of the parts with indicative prices. I have sent through an enquiry to Toyota NZ< or who is the guy on this board that works for Toyota in Palmy?