kirk28's JZS130G Crown Wagon

kirk28

Ok so home for the weekend, and finally got it registered with plates.

I went to the VTNZ counter and the same rude ignorant bitch who we will call 'W' was there, and again was completely a rude bitch, so I told her that her customer service skills were atrocious., and if she worked for me she would be fired, and she needed training - she replied with "You need training", so much for the customer is always right. I called her a pig, and she walked out the door presumably to eat some pies. When she left other staff members said "shes always like this" , but they are too afraid to complain about her one said " I've already been cut back to part time" - so she's a work place bully to boot.

so I made a complaint to her manager but he was only available on his mobile, and who never called me back....long story short - avoid VTNZ in the Waiwhakaiho valley if you want proper service and don't like being totally misinformed and treated with contempt. I'll email my complaint to the boss who never returned my calls, plus his boss and his boss. See earlier posts ... DON'T USE VTNZ Waiwhakaiho valley NP. The guys there are good, but this cunt just doesn't make it worth it...trust me.

Anyway put on the JDM doilies - like icing on a wedding cake... really makes it look like a hearse. I like.

Thanks to the CHCH VTNZ who had originally filled in the compliance sheet as a 7 seater - the VTNZ up here used the same details and it's now registered as one..

FT5O41h.jpg

aM7BISF.jpg

Zld8iiN.jpg

nzMRWEN.jpg

TdLMN7U.jpg

Plus put in the faux wood accents...oh yerrrrrrrrrr

LncV9Ds.jpg

SFMVg4b.jpg

Anyway it's legal. I just need a HIVAC climate control unit as mine appears to be had it, so the heater is on high full bore and the a/c doesn't work. Forgot how soft and floaty this thing is to drive, think marshmallow's wrapped in a duvet on a waterbed, on top of a trampoline.will lower and get proper wheels, convert to round headlamps and re-tint it when home next.

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

ok, so have finally found rear wipers on Yahoo.co.jp. surprisingly hard...

HyNc1Px.jpg

The car's heater control is still being fixed, 3 times it's been in and three times it has to go back in, it's a pain in the ass because the heater is jammed on the foot vents and on high making it very uncomfortable to drive for more than 10 mins...

also need to get these round headlights, the more I see them on the 130's the more I need them..

R46HrT3.jpg

Also some came out with these front spoiler lips, would be rad to get one,

p5qzb8o.jpg

and also I've seen the spoiler lip on the top of the rear tailgate.. shall keep on looking.

n5XSbns.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

So have another heater control and will pull this back outta the garage when I get back into NZ.. Am hoping this time it won't blow the resistors in the unit may be a problem further on in the system this car is made of relays.. Time will tell. Century wheel covers on.. Badly needs lowering is as high as the sky tower. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So anyway bought a GS131 heater control unit to test, worked fine but the unit was from a different dash so swapped out the resistors in my blown unit and now my heater turns on/off plus the air con front back and the rear fridge is ice cold... Win... So finally got dash back together with a stereo and reversing camera (once you have a car with a camera it's hard to not have one) plus screwed the dash all back together.. First time since I've had it, also stuck on the rest of the woodgrain inserts..

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Was sick of the ocean-liner type handling so got some new shocks front and rear... Rides and handles so much better now, will get some lowered springs for it from yahoo Japan - only drops it 50mm but whatev's the factory springs are pretty soft and probably at 22 years of age have reached their end of usable life.. Prob get them out in when I'm back in NZ at Xmas.

also put in a new top tank on the radiator- $220 a lot better then forking out $1000 from Toyota NZ or getting a new aftermarket from Japan yahoo that would take 4 weeks plus be around $700 landed.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Car was nice on the trip; the IJ will move it but I've had a 1jz NA crown before and a 2jz Crown.. Ideally this would have been lush as a 3.0 standard: am seriously considering dropping in a 2j.. There's one on TM with 35,000km apparently certified from a 1994 Soarer... $2500 is a lot for a non-VVTI probably even with the low kms... Anyway not wanting to rehash I have a post in the tech section... A N/A 2J would just make this so much sweeter as a summer vacation wagz...

https://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/57007-1jzge2jzge-experts-please/

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1