Matt's '81 KP60 Starlet - Discussion

_Matt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this KP is looking so sweeet! Your gold Starsharks are great but would you consider going red on red? I have 14x6.5J on my AE: Keep up the good work! Jordan

Yeah, i thought about it a lot, but decided against it, since I thought red on red was a bit much and red seems to be the most common colour choice for starsharks. I wanted to be different. Cheers man

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah P10, they fit well and are easy to fit as well. I just made some brackets for the bottom that were 'Z' kinda shaped to drop it down, so the bonnet clears the radiator cap. Used rivnuts to mount them.

Then just made some other brackets for the top using existing holes.

Bottom radiator hose fits. I used a Nissan Maxima hose for the top and cut it down to fit.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mate that starlet is on point good job.

Just curious what paint/underseal did you use and how much prep did you do? 

Thanks! I used CRC Proseal in an aerosol can. One can was just enough to do one guard. Sprayed on really nice.

The base was in really good condition so just cleaned it well with some wax and grease remover and then sprayed it on. 

• Like 2

77magnum, you can get KE30 ones from BNT and just turn them down from 218 mm to 203 mm. They're about $50 each at trade price.

EDIT: Unless you are needing them for not a starlet, in that case I guess getting them custom cast would be ideal.

77magnum, you can get KE30 ones from BNT and just turn them down from 218 mm to 203 mm. They're about $50 each at trade price.

EDIT: Unless you are needing them for not a starlet, in that case I guess getting them custom cast would be ideal.

I looked at doing that before I decided to get some cast, but the only problem was that the inside pad wouldn't of had full contact with the rotor as it had a recess (that was the case with the ones I had bought anyway, some might be different)