Auckland OS Winter shed tour - Saturday 11th July -

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just worked from 5:45am to now wiring ome more power into the shed and generally freezing my ass off.

Should be a good one though. See you all in Ellerslie in an hour and a half!

Lol, SNAP! , 5.31am in the shed making stuff.

• Like 1

Excellent day, it was truly mint. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks to all the people who let us onto their properties to have a nosey inside their garages. and also thanks to Zebradude - (Ben) who gave us some good hospitality at the end in his shed, and to Threeonthetree - (Neil) for organizing this great event. I'm very much looking forward to the next one.

Cheers guys,

Logan

and the mirage's heater was nice and warm on the way home..... LOL

• Like 2

After very nearly not making it along, I'm stoked I pulled finger and did what needed doing and dragged myself along, frikken amazing day. Some sweet sheds, epic toys (that jet engine...!), great banter as always and top notch hospitality. Top marks go to Neal and Ben for going the extra mile.

A++ would trade again!

• Like 1

Can't add too much more to what others said, we had a great day out too. Job done in convincing my wife that our collection is rather small and she'd be up for increasing the collection if I can find space to put them. So that's not exactly a 'no', which is victory in my eyes!

Thanks for the coffee (excellent), company, shed passes, organisation skills and generally being made to feel welcome, despite driving a modern to the event. Finally, we managed not to bend any of the new rims on the way home in the dark, successfully dodging all the craters on SH2 & 27, so smiles all round.

• Like 3

Fun day having the OS crew over, meeting everyone and spinning spinning yarns, playing with toys, lurking in dark corners of sheds checking out relics of the past, beer and meat on the BBQ, pouting over car parts, sweet rides around Auckland between sheds, jet fuel and burning rubber inhalation..

..,and man making almost drum melting fire.

yb1wwnri.2ue.jpg

Thanks again to Threeonthetree and ZebraDude for organising the tour :thumbleft: ......and an awesome bonus of having a clean, organised shed I can actually use and find stuff.

• Like 5

I had an awesome time

I can't take any credit for organisation tho, that's all Neal Three on the trees doing (I've got to thank Chris R for all his electrical and shed sorting help too), I was just a glorified shed opener :faroah: 

I think the highlights for me was meeting everyone, Kempy's Dr who style shed, complete with Jet engine. Toms Awesome FA50 (don't ask me why I like them so much I just do) and his killer 80's Hilux.  Oh and Neals awesome BBQ skills :)

Great to meet you all, and I hope we all get to do this again soon :salute:

• Like 4

Shedtour was tops,

Kempys shed was mind blowing! All the electrical gadgetry was Awsome!

Huge thanks to Neal and all for organising.

Was a great turnout of people!

And stoked that my sheds tidier than what it was now!

Also just aqquired more things to add to hoard at

Swapmeet

Damnit

• Like 6

Damn it! I wanna see shed full of electronics/jet engine etc! Why did my little brother have to plan a stupid family thing that day :-(

Still, I made it to the meeting point and had some sweet jarns, so that's cool :-)

• Like 2

great day out guys, great to have a look around some projects and awesome sheds!!! and have a yarn with some likeminded people, cheers for the BBQ to finish a great day off. A big thanks to threeonthetree for the invite and all the shed owners for letting us look round.

PS ive dragged the heater out of storage for the EH today it might be time haha

Cheers Rusty

• Like 3