dozydesmond

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently my favorite project on here.

Gonna watch this intently.

I purchased a 1600cc block of Trademe from a guy who claimed it would most likely run. After removing the head it was in a similar state to this full of water but with early combustion chamber heads.

Needless to say, we are still proceeding with the rebuild using the same block.

Keep the update flowing!

Gunna stick a sidedraft on it with two Weber 45 DCOE's or two Weber 42 DCOE's, stick a 3/4 race cam or a 244k rally cam in it, port and polish the crud out of it, oversize the pistons, stick a 1.3 head on it, and stick it in a custom-built rally car (although, i might stick it in my '94 laser wagon to run it in first ;) so look out chch)

Anyway, progress as of yesterday:

Engine is fully stripped now apart from the block plugs,the pistons (which need some, shall we say, 'persuasion' *grins evilly and cackles maniacally), and the valves.

bores are soaking in a 50/50 mix of diesel/crc to loosen the rust and, consequently, free the pistons

vemqayrw.uhy.jpg

The #1 cylinder, which had a valve open evidently

krehtorl.3vr.jpg

The near-new timing-chain

321tw42c.g0b.jpg

Big-Ends and Crank Bearings

i3gdk3tf.0fi.jpg

SLUDGE GALORE (Weighed it all, came in at approx 2 kg of sludge, not all of is shown here tho)

• Like 1

anyone feel like donating towards re-sleeving this thing... :(

You can get pistons all the way up to 90 thou for these things. Measure the bore you have, chances are you wont need to go more than one, maaaaybe two sizes up (you'll probably be fine with 20 thou, but may have to go 40 thou).

Unless you're bored out to 90 thou already you wont need to resleeve that block.