Dozydesmonds 1600cc Ford Crossflow

dozydesmond

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate, if you want to sell the sump and pickup Im keen to buy it, Ive built a few of these engines, I used Vauxhall chevette valve springs, acl 1300 pistons with smaller dish up to 60thou, polished castings off conrods and balanced big end then small end on digital scales and set weight of all 4 to lightest rod, 1100 flywheel, 234 or 244 cam and always a 711m block. Cool engines and cheap to build by using parts from other models and engines.

• Like 1

This thread is sweet! Good luck getting it going again.. My 1600 is running a similar spec to what your aiming for with 1300 pistons balanced bottom end and twin 40s and a big cam.. It's a great wee motor and I'm stoked your saving this one. Makes a cool thread too so go hard

• Like 1

Right, I'm back :)
So far, budget is looking at around 2-3 grand, and as for hours spent, so far about 7. Sorry, i haven't been able to do much lately on it guys, my daily threw its dif through the side of the gearbox so i Was dropping a new box into it (Dear lord, i thank you for creating Pick-A-Part, Amen  :-D ), and my 'mate' decided to steal my dads chainsaw and sell it (so as you can see we have been pretty busy :) )
Anyway, back to it this week :)

• 2 months later...

After reading your post above, what I'd recommend is a nice cold drink on a deck chair.

You can buy some drinks with the money you scrap the engine for.

Assuming you can get a ride to the scrap dealer, and then the liquor shop, and then wherever the deck chair is.

• Like 6