Natalie's 1970 Capri GTXL

anglia4

Very sweet little car, looks very honest indeed!

Have to agree on the HPC coatings, made a massive difference to the look of my engine bay, in the scheme of things on what I'd spent on the car, not much.

Future plans?

Haha, Cortina I bought of Karl on here, I had the same thing must be quite prone to the gearlevers coming out in your hand. Problem with pressed steel thats poorly threaded and hardly locks in place I guess!

4spd or 5spd too? 

Blacked out Rostyles please!

Thanks, everyone for the great comments!
I got my HPC coating done from this site http://www.hpcoatings.co.nz/PriceList.aspx. There was another guy in Auckland we talked to (can't find the site) but he wasn't able to give us a straight answer for the price (could have been $250-$500). So the guys as HPC were much easier and probably cheaper. Would never use that Repco paint again. It's currently a 4spd but on the hunt for a 5spd
For those that were interested I'll add a photo of the rest of the family's collection :)

Future plans...
Get the engine running properly. Still hasn't been set up right after putting in the new engine, it's hard to start and runs on - yes it is advanced but if we put it to where it's supposed to be it started pinging when you put the accelerator down (which isn't much fun). So that's the first job. Will try some cooler plugs, and maybe get a solenoid thing for the carb. Would really like to put it on a dyno to get it perfect but will see how we go.

Once the engine is running beautifully I want to tidy up the engine bay (Hide the wires!!), and move the battery to the boot.

Then onto the wheels. Want to paint them up to how they're supposed to look, ie: black where the silver is and silver where the black is. 

I'll then look into doing the interior upholstery, headlining etc and getting everything re-chromed, new window seals etc. I think this one is still a far way in the future though. 

Thanks for all the interest! Will try keep the forum updated!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...