Danger's 1984 Ironhead Roadster XLS

danger

I think if you run with that rake and had some long stanchions made so the bottom frame rails and engine sloped back a bit would look cool. and get a peanut tank to sit on top of the top tube.

user7675_pic8858_1354475040_zpsyaxorwen.

If you were running even sized wheels then a level frame would look fine - but with 19"s and 21"s (assuming that's what you are running) you should run a raked frame.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Bonneville a while back with very similar rake and frame style. Was twitchy as Fuck at traffic speed and got quite tiring wide bars helped tame it a bit. If your able to pull it back now you will enjoy the bike more. I got fed up with my chopper and swapped it for a 300zx in end As it kept trying to kill me.

I reckon I'd be too unco for suicide shifter.

Was thinking about running a brake proportioning valve off the rear brake to run both front and rear and also having an internal throttle and same set up for clutch to clean the bars up but not sure if would be strong enough to operate clutch.

Anyway that all crap for down the track. Wanna just get the thing riding so I can pick up solo mums

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing is more fun to ride then a suicide shift. It is only scary for the first few blocks then it feels natural.

Plus it is supper easy with a Sporty.

I biult a triumph with a proportioning valve and it was a very bad idea. Since you have to figure in the suspension factor. Once you make the rear ridged then it becomes easy to lock up the rear tire since there is nothing holding down. Not really a big issue but with the front brake linked to it you end up with a Low Side recipe. Because the front has suspension holding down so it doesn't loose the resistance of the road keeping it from locking up. Honda has done linked brakes but the plumb them to go to the front calipar first then pressurize the rear. 

To keep the bars clean I have ran a BMW master cylinder under the tank ran by small front brake lever for a cable brake.

• Like 2

Slowly but surely. Finally brought my welder round to my new place, still don't have a vice here though so only made and mounted the top two front engine mount tabs so far.

Mount offsets are a bit odd. From my measurements the front mounts are offset 28mm left of centre and the rear is 10mm right of centre. Got plenty of clearance on the primary adjuster now though.

Not sure on the tank yet. Need to mount a sporty king tank there for starters and see if it looks too short on the backbone or not. You're beating me to Hanmer at this rate