Danger's 1984 Ironhead Roadster XLS

danger

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good.  Personally I always like to weld my frames with 7018 stick that way the weld is nice and flat and easy to mold over.

Those early cams really help. Did you get the lifter to with the cams? I think making sure the lifter are tits is a big deal when getting everything to run right.

Cert guy says my frame wont need crack tested.

Just mocked it up. Needs some work. The rear engine mount seems to be about 3 inches further back than I'd like so will chop that centre post out and move it forward

11042664_10152830580063789_8143409317739

Dunno if rake is a little too much?

• Like 4

I'd think its around 8" at the moment but I cant tell until I get it set up properly. That fork is just sitting there with a paper towel tube spacer and the frame might be a little high in the front due to the blocks its on

48 deg man I bet at slow speeds it will handle like a rutter. Anything over 45 and it can get scary even on long straight roads. I can't imagine on a New Zealand motorway with all the bends and twists. But hey choppers are supposed to be dangerous right!

I'm gonna put the frame on a table and check if it's square enough before I do anything else. Easy enough to cut that steering tube off and change rake while its in this state. I'll be moving the centrepost anyway

Yeah I was planning on linishing them off the forks and painting or powdercoat the fork sliders, hub and rims black.

I did some hacking as it turns out the ironhead wouldn't fit in this frame that supposedly fits evo's. It was way too tall and hit the back bone so I've moved the motor forward, put a big bow in the bottom rail to clear the primary chain adjuster and made a new centre post to fix the rear mount to. Centrepost is just sitting in there at the moment. Its a tight fit!

Certified welders welds weren't any better than mine so should fly through under his cert.

aoqiufo1.yj1.jpg

1p4qoslx.qmf.jpg

mtdpasxy.jgn.jpg