Pressure plate bolts

dave123456789

Is it flush with the flywheel? Could try using a nail punch to turn it to undo it. Get some CRC spray in there and lube it up a bit. Just make sure you give it a really good clean if you do so. Wouldn't want anything on it to affect the clutch material.

Lol you know how they say there are no stupid questions..............

Considering the other option would have been to just run 5 bolts. Asking turned out to be a good idea. :thumbright:

• Like 1

If its easy to get a drill square on it you should be able to drill it out enough to start a tap to get the last of the thread. Well that's what I did when a bolt seized and snapped in my bonnet and it worked.

Got a MIG? weld a nut onto the end of the broken bit (easy enough if the flywheel is cast).

I should done that first but cause I was feeling lazy I thought it could be drilled out and use an easy out while it was still attached to engine. Mig is at my place not where the car is so would have had to pull it apart. Anyway, It's at an engineers now, they going to mill it out and helicoil it and also give the face a clean up since it been sitting for a year or so and has a bit of surface rusty shit on it. Said an hour work max so here's hoping its half that. Expensive fuck up :(