The "Deuce Coupe" by Gaz

sr1600

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to cert man and he is happy with the above.

Slightly diff topic .. he would like to see the link bar hanging on double sheer rather than single though so Ill have to fab up a new bracket, might moving link bats in 50mm I think.

Gaz

• 4 weeks later...

Haha I've been a bit slack working on rx. I have managed to part up a whole b1600 in the last few weeks and a bit of work on my second garage Im building ATM... this means minimal work to Rx though.

I do have sill chrome now direct from Aus..... Sedan is longer than Coupe.. doh! At least I can cut it down, eaiser than making it longer!

Actually I have been doing stuff but its been boring stuff... Ive mounted BMW discs and Wilwood caliper to strut and dummied up wheel.... but now decided to slightly change direction and am currently looking at trailer hubs to modify to use as the hub (lol yeah trojan trailer hubs whoop whoop). Reason for this is it will be the cheapest way to change stud pattern to 4x114.3 and the trojan hub is surprisingly similar to the std Mazda hub!

Also double, tripled, quadruple checked my diff measurmeents and ready to get it cut up when I have a little more doe.

Gaz

Subframe irs conversion would be fukn awsome. Not this time round but Def something I want to do one day to something.

Those struts n diff are a bit of a rip. I want to keep my rx2 struts as they have new shocks and are adjustable height.

Hubs looking hopefull. Bearing inner is in roughly correct position and the outer bearing fits stub. Inner bearings needs machining out 1.5 mm then I have another bearing to fit. Offset is 2 mm differant. Need to look at disc options now to fit under 14s.

Oh yeah and been trying so hard to steer away from that Supercharger setup for a rotary on TM (think its your old one?)

Gaz

Not my old one, Scotty (RX4TZN) started building that for a 1300 2 door but sold it all up,

You should do it though, major wank factor for the flat peaks, and the girlies are more likely to show you a boob or two. 

power delivery is real nice too.

I was interested to see how all your underbody prep was going, mines at the same stage

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...