Brown Dog's Transit Van

KKtrips

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mate if you could see the great going in..

He has great taste and works hard to make sure the car gets exactly what he wants.

The sheetmetal plenum on his engine is a work of art. He has a new 1000hp turbo from s murch plus new manual box from the states... Front End converted to Mac strut to give more room in engine bay (from memory).

AND the new work wheels he had made for the car are fat as hell. 315 wide tires on the back Etc.

so sick.

Anyway. . On with the show

• Like 1

You can pick up a BA engine anywhere from $1500 up, but at that price level there are usualy parts missing, especially turbos which fetch good money on their own. The  BFII and TT engines are much better, as they have the uprated rods and valve springs. The FG engines are probably the best, but the stock 270 kw spec. have a smaller turbo than the earlier engines. The F6 310 engine reverted back to the earlier "large" GT3540 turbo.  

I have just advertised the TT engine on TM for $3500 res. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=683590894

hahaa, bring your wallet over, I am sure we can sell you plenty for the XB:) The hotwires are so very cool, but might be a tad wide for a sedan. They fit mint on a coupe though. Or how about  nice supercharged Thunderbird SC engine? That would be different!    

• 3 months later...

Wow this is going to be a serious handful... I had my eye on that written off F6 for a future project, and wondered where it ended up...

I figured it would not stay around for long, so went over and bought it straight away. (another one sold last week through Turners DVA for over $15K !) I removed the parts I needed from the wreck, and sold the rolling shell to recover some of the outlay.

I have a friend doing nearly the same project but they used a fair lane v8 it's being put back together at the moment I can put some photos up if you would like to see it. I should be over that way this week.

yes please do, interested to see this:)

Conrad

who has a ldv in new zealand??  they are a dime a dozen over here in the uk, but i never saw one in nz,

project is coming along nicely,

I have one actually, its a 1995 400,  ex police van, V8 manual, quite rare in that configuration. 

756132a.jpg

• Like 2

I figured it would not stay around for long, so went over and bought it straight away. (another one sold last week through Turners DVA for over $15K !) I removed the parts I needed from the wreck, and sold the rolling shell to recover some of the outlay.

Conrad

Who are you selling the bits to? Any special contacts or just outta the ol' Trade Me? Have an E39 to get rid of soon.

Who are you selling the bits to? Any special contacts or just outta the ol' Trade Me? Have an E39 to get rid of soon.

I sold the whole rolling shell, I  advertised some of the parts on TM, and someone said they wanted the whole car (or remains of) so that was nice and easy :)