Brown Dog's Transit Van

KKtrips

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good to see your not using a BA turbo engine. Do you know What year the territory engine is? all post june 2006 Barra turbo engines are factory fitted with the typhoon internals.  These engine are by far the better base for tuning, BA engines only holdout to 320kw before kicking rods through the block and before any BA engine is tuned valve springs should be replaced.

all phooon/  06/2006 onwards engine haven been proven to run 400rwkw+ no sweat

hope that helps

thanks for the kind comments guys, I have had some weird looks from people when they ask what I am doing with it, but nice to see a bit of support here :)

Project Thread - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/41652-mk1-ford-transit-van/

I have a bit of a soft spot for these and the diesel nose with duallies just makes shit RIGHT!

Good work and looking forward to seeing this hooning around and checking it out one day.

yep, I like the diesel front and the dually rears too, thats why I looked so long for a a LWB!

good to see your not using a BA turbo engine. Do you know What year the territory engine is? all post june 2006 Barra turbo engines are factory fitted with the typhoon internals.  These engine are by far the better base for tuning, BA engines only holdout to 320kw before kicking rods through the block and before any BA engine is tuned valve springs should be replaced.

all phooon/  06/2006 onwards engine haven been proven to run 400rwkw+ no sweat

hope that helps

yep, absolutely correct. Good thing is, the Terri Turbo didn't come out until mid 2006, so all TT's have the uprated "Typhoon"  or BFII spec. engine, another reason I sold the BA engine:)

Please do epic duelly skids that leave wide as fuck marks

Well it has a nine inch diff in  there already, so that should handle it:) Forget  leavings 11's, bring on the 1111's!  

Not sure about liveries at the moment. Something period for sure. . Supervan 1 was a SWB, and quite plain. I like the Supervan II livery, but that was a Mk2 (well a 7/8's replica bodyshell on a C100 sportscar chassis) so I won't do that either. I like the livery on the model above, with the blue stripe. Will probably use it as a tow vehicle for the Cologne Capri we are building, so it will have to tie into that somehow.   

• 2 weeks later...

aaaw  dude! FG F6 310 powerd tranny van , ( i have just soiled myself with excitement) this is gonna be freaking awesome!  waiting eagerly for your next update 

P.S I love turbo coons  because my daily is an XR6T such an underrated car

• Like 1

aaaw  dude! FG F6 310 powerd tranny van , ( i have just soiled myself with excitement) this is gonna be freaking awesome!  waiting eagerly for your next update 

P.S I love turbo coons  because my daily is an XR6T such an underrated car

I agree, I have driven a few, and very underrated! What a shame the end of the line is near for them:(

so you gonna flick the terraturbo or save it for another project?

I will probably flick that off. It is a really good engine, only done 63kms vs. 135kms of the F6. The F6 FG has a rear  sump, where everything prior had a front sump, including the TT. I will have to fit a front mount sump to the F6 engine to clear the front axle. But shouldn't be a big deal, basically any BA/BF sump should  fit.

From what I have read, the blocks and cranks will take almost anything you throw at them, and the heads are very good out of the box and  flow very well. Then it is down to the normal things, like cams, springs, manifolds, turbo etc.

The 310KW is still a fairly tame tune, running only 0.9 bar of boost (about 13psi) Remembering that Ford still have to give these a 100 000km warranty. It should still be more than enough to scare the crap out of me in an old Transit van:) 

Here is a cool youtube clip showing a Nizpro engine on the dyno making 1163hp- yeehaa! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2eWHNSaSZU

i love the idea of putting one in my xb, much cooler than a V8, but the price, and cutting up a low kms grandad spec car puts me off.

The guy I sold the first (new) engine to, was fitting it into an XY, and doing a lovely job of it. But your XB will be more valuable left bog standard if it is a low kms grandad car  (but not as much fun!)