steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool! although i'll be honest with you chaps, i haven't really looked at a link or article for a container house in about a year. they all seem to be super innovative and ultra classy, and i can't really find a relation between them and any of my experiences in this project.

the old' '2 out of 3' rule rings very true if you ask me. the 3rd of 3 being the bit they never include in the article.

the idea still seems infallibly simple, even to me. box, land, services, done. i know heaps of tradesmen, bam - done. like you almost have to go out of your way to find costs to add!

saying the word 'power' can pop another 10K on the price.

saying the word 'consent'  put another 30 on. if you think that's a joke, hire an engineer to talk to an architect to make the council happy.

then 'oh 250k for apartment size living near the city with a garage' sounds fuckin mint!

get up around 300k and you start thinking dammit, that's a normal house.

the 50k difference between 'mint' and 'dammit' was spent on things you've never heard of, and never saw happen.

build life?

• Like 9

Old walk uphill both ways to get to the pub and back beaver

Also just think of the hidden costs as a bonus club when talking with other people who have built a house too then you can mind five while everyone else folds their arms and talks in a slighter lower tone about how you just threw a container onto some land and plugged it in 'easy'

• Like 1