• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh hi dere.

Buy my crashed one and tube frame plz.

Does your digital boost gauge work?

Apparently these poo themselves most of the time.

Mine still works, i love that bar graph going up and down haha

Nice, I like these

why ported throttle body? probably expensive and not going to change much?

also why rodeo turbo? bolt on? how much bigger are they? I'm trying to remember what they have, super tiny ihi if I remember right?

will probably need to start thinking about bigger injectors also?

done a series one city turbo up for the ex mrs bout 14 years ago, s4 rx7 intercooler front mounted, bov off the same car, 2.5' stainless exhaust front to back, screamer pipe, 13psi. (fuel cut at 15) thing was a fucking animal, used to peel out crxs and fxgts back in the day. was ultra reliable too , had a brutal hiding and all i ever broke was the clutch, and it was just worn out. was great fun blowing the doors off stuff while keeping that 'ethel and mavis off to bingo night' feel. .

Port the tb because the factory one is tiny and when I set it up to 20psi itll help alot

Holden rodeo because its pretty straight forward pretty much just need to mod the actuator and its still small because its only a 1.2 with super low comp and others have had good results from them. If I find (or if someone could help) find an after market ball bearing turbo that would be great but its hard to find one small enough hahahaha

Yes injectors are on the cards. Looking at ones from a honda prelude h22a either the 345cc's or the 290's and thatll be more then enough :)

how small is tiny for the t/b. not worth swapping one from civic or something? I gues bother to adapt somethign vs. cost  vs. benefit.  this said increasing the boost doesnt really mean you need a bigger t/b its only if you increase the volume flow, with more rpms, bigger cam, better flowing heads/manifolds that makes the t/b become a restriction unless the factory really made it well undersized to start with. If you were looking aftermarket I would look at the small journal bearing garretts they are pretty good value and some of the most efficient turbos you can buy which = less heat = free hp's

Yeah bastard of things. Tuning is a bitch too. Almost impossible to chip do im just going to use a progressive fuel reg with a bleed valve. Its rough but about all you can do. Unless I go for one of those hks piggy backs.

Yeah you'll need a fuel cut defender to get any higher then 15psi sadly.

Hoping to regrind the cam in time too so that will put a little more acid on the tb

Had an hks piggy back on a T2 I used to own.. thing was pretty mental, have to watch the cvcc cam tho as they have a tendency to wear so you lean out and burn a valve or two.. but I guess if your gonna do a regrind they could re face and harden it..

Had an hks piggy back on a T2 I used to own.. thing was pretty mental, have to watch the cvcc cam tho as they have a tendency to wear so you lean out and burn a valve or two.. but I guess if your gonna do a regrind they could re face and harden it..

Oh yeah nice man. How hard was it to tune? Yeah ccvc is a cunt

They're a MK3S.

Thanks man. Ive Googled mk3s and theres no match ay. Talked to a heap of people and they reckon its a presessor to the mrk3s. But not actually a mk3s? Haha I dont know.

Dunno, wasnt tunable had preset fuel and ignition curve changes.. wound the boost to about 18 and kicked arse..

Oh yeah nice man. How hard was it to tune? Yeah ccvc is a cunt

CVCCs' awesome bro.. almost a hundy hp per liter.. if my Cleveland was that good I'd be doing 11's

D