TOMSTAMENT'S ULTIMATE CARPI

0R10N

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy pants billet converter aye, is it the 9.5"? good for about a zillion HP those 9.5's

10" I think. I think they challenge you to break these things/It's not possible with less than 2000hp

where were you VG? I folded my rugs so nicely for you and no show last weekend?

I hope you are getting a dedenbear case - that torque convertor looks stronger than your block and trans case combined.

I looked at it, reid full SFI spec case is about $2000 by the time it gets here, so nah/will just put some huggies on it. but yeah the stock case/1.76 planetary in the glide will probably be the fusible link. but only if I really get it making "that much" power and hammer it with the t-brake

Summit is pretty good, MyUS has just dropped their shipping rates though, if you are going to get stung on tax may as well use free shipping in the US and bundle it all up. Last shipment was DHL (so here in 4 days) and was $200US for 25kg of gear, massive boxes to no worries about size. Have shipped almost 50kg of brake parts and it was still only around $300US via DHL, direct shipping from each supplier would have been 3 times that.

• Like 1

What are the shipping costs like from Summit Racing?

Summit is pretty good, MyUS has just dropped their shipping rates though, if you are going to get stung on tax may as well use free shipping in the US and bundle it all up. Last shipment was DHL (so here in 4 days) and was $200US for 25kg of gear, massive boxes to no worries about size. Have shipped almost 50kg of brake parts and it was still only around $300US via DHL, direct shipping from each supplier would have been 3 times that.

it depends alot on what you are getting,  they give you alot of options but I usually use iparcel which is usually the cheapest. they are quite good in that if it is over $400nzd they calculate and pay all the taxes etc. so your package just turns up no stuffing about like that convertor which I got direct from the manufacturer and customs was a pain because it was over $1000 and I had to get registered as an importer. it wasn't that big of a deal, just fill in forms and pay money - just you end up waiting on the phone and ringing this person and that to find out where you actually need to send the documents to just get told how much tax to pay so you can finally get your goodies.

mostly with summit it's just really funny as whatever you buy expensive shipping or cheap it ends up in a huge box with these sealed bags of air and you just think wtf this could have gone in a box 1/10th the size

have to consider using myus when I buy my front hubs and brakes although I doubt their shipping to NZ will be as good

• Like 1

Yea the shipping is all on weight so the guys in the warehouse just have several size boxes and bang heaps of air in.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/content/us/en/express/tracking.shtml?brand=DHL&AWB=8767657651

Thats the last one, 4 days and is in Brisbane, was almost $200 on the dot and its 48lbs, thats real cheap. There is no % fee either Tom, I think what you were looking at was the personal shopper? they add a % and they will buy stuff with a US credit card for you. They make there money on the joining fee and must take a cut on shipping.