4age - blue, red, grey, black?

nzstato

So, I have changed my mind on one of my projects and are going to be hunting out some 4age stuff in the future.  I need to know what is the best platform to start with (I'm sure this has been done to death many times.  Plan will be to run a rwd 4age with duel 45 DCOE, will be in a relatively small/light car so am invisioning building it for more high rpm.  Mostly road use but occasional track day is possible in the future.  Given that, what is the best block to start with?  I prefered the red in my AE92 over some of the black tops I have driven but considering this will be a very different beast I am open to suggestions.

P.S.  Anyone going to be parting with much 4age over the next few months?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So some interesting pointers.... 7age?  Unless I can find one already done (^^^) seems not to be worth the time/money/hassle, but can see why many have gone down that path.  Good, I like the redtops.... Yes definately, stand alone ECU with multicoil would probably the easiest.

Where do the options then lie, I hear T50 all the time, are some of the w series also able to bolt up?   What options are cost effective?

Not quite, All the RWD engine mount bosses are there on the block they just need to be drilled and tapped, and the starter is on the other side so 2 new mounts need to be made on the gearbox bell housing.

And yes, they are.