Damz' HB Cosmo Discussion

damz721

Tell him the car is not as it was advertsed to be and just because he had no issue then it does not mean you won't have an issue and you are covering your arse.

The WOF computer will display it as a 2L motor on the screen so unless you are running a 20B then someone can pick up on it pretty easy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your email was particularly polite - if it was a $500 car you might just have to suck it up and move on.

However, as you say it was sold as a 'Factory 12A Turbo' which it quite clearly was not.

Reading between the lines he knew that he was misrepresenting the car. I think organising and paying for cert is the very least he can do.

I would give him a call, and ask him about the specific wording of the Trademe advert. People generally find it harder to lie on the phone, better still face to face.

Make effective use of the pregnant pause and ask him what he plans to do to sort this out.

As above. I Knew he would play the "I never had any troubles" card. Maybe its time you get a little more strong worded. It was advertised as a factory Rotary Turbo Cosmo. Which it is not. And you probably paid good money for that exact reason. Give him a call and suggest he either refund you for the car (I dont like your chances though.) or Pay for certification.

Personally I think he knew full well it wasn't legit.

That's not to say I'm going to have no troubles in the future though, I was lead to believe it was factory turbo which it isn't and getting a cert is not just a little issue, it cost money and may need work, it's not like a brought a 500 dollar car other wise I would bite my tounge n move on I paid good money for the fact it was 'factory and legal'

My reply

if its all factory gear and you were planning on getting cert for adjusties id just bite the bullet and get it certed. more than likely he isnt going to do shit for ya. people is cunts. what did ya pay for the car if ya dont mind me asking?

and when he said he didnt have any problem with (getting) insurance, he wouldn't unless he tried to make a claim and then insurance would have a "get out of paying" card as its got an uncertified engine conversion. It would be relatively easy to keep getting wof's from your local friendly wof man, but if you ever had a ding is the major issue in my mind. Keep trying to get cert cost out of him but just be prepared to stump up yourself for your own piece of mind?? (or send the boys round after july 9th for some persuasion/nah)

and reading that add would lead me to believe its all factory, as mentioned multiple times throughout the add

Ahhh yes- autotech. so helpful..

Yeah the way I read that trade me advert is that it is a factory 12A turbo cosmo. I would definitely hit him up for the cert. Just tell him you intend to see the police otherwise- tell him you are now worried about the history of the car etc etc. That'll give him the shits. maybe.

Either way- its still a fucking cool car you have there! That dash!!!