3 Piece Reassembly. What Sealant To Use?

OldSkoolCorona

quick off topic question (sorry!) but correct me if im wrong but don't all a3as come as a 2pce welded? did you get them re-barreled?? only reason i ask is ive got a set coming from japan and am wanting to get them widened.

I used black silicone, actually volvo sealant as i had a tube left over from a job.

a good bead and a ring around each bolt hole, dont smear or smooth it out with your finger, leave the bead and bolt wheel together,

quick off topic question (sorry!) but correct me if im wrong but don't all a3as come as a 2pce welded? did you get them re-barreled?? only reason i ask is ive got a set coming from japan and am wanting to get them widened.

3 piece welded man.

I'm with Cam on the threebond, that shit works miracles.

No, the job of a bead sealer is to seal between a wheel and tyre, not a wheel piece and wheel piece.  Repair sealer is for the inner liner.

The only reason I ask, is if it would work, is there a reason for it not having been mentioned in this thread?

true true : but I define sealant as something with a bit of body to it : not wish-washy paste, sure it helps "seal" but I have seen them use better stuff with guts to it on my rally tires

edit : your not exactly see them wipe that paste on some 3-piece rims and wish upon a star it will make them airtight, no? A good bead or sealant is ideal yes? (sorry as mentioned inanother thread 7th tui down tonight hm alone/dating thread stz