Kwaka Z650

Flauski

Long time no update. Have cut down the front fender, fully stripped all brake calipers. In process of shortening / cleaning up front shocks.

Started mocking back up before final strip / frame paint.

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0067%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Got me a LSL Clubman headlight (thanks to me old lady for collecting from UK for me!) Stupidly expensive headlight otherwise! Not happy with the headlight mounts/position as yet. Looks a little bigger than I expected. It is still 1/2" smaller than factory and same headlight used on the Wrenchmonkees Z1 in which I have found my inspiration. Headlight is a popular aftermarket accessory for the new Triumphs and Kwaka W650s.

Got me some Firestone Deluxe Champion tyres 18x4.50 and 19x4.00 currently touring around Canada. They should be back in NZ around 20th Sept.

Cleaned the hell / lightly polished my carbs. I wanna get trumpets with mesh like Goat, just got to save some coinage.

IMG_0070%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Anyone removed chrome from parts (like my fenders) homestyle before? How did you do it?

• Like 5

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update time.

Front shocks shortened. One on left shows how shortened (see amount sticking through headstock on right side)

Discs ground.

clip ons ordered-arrived + fitted

Gaiters arrived

P1030964.JPG

P1030961.JPG

P1030962.JPG

NEED to get rid of factory gauges, they are HUGE! Advice for smaller speedo anyone?

Wheels have been stripped, cleaned, and powdered flat black. Pictures to follow once tyres fitted up and looking percy.

Waiting on caliper kits and other bits from Z1 Enterprises before brakes fully rebuilt and painted.

BTW any of you Jap bike owners , especially Kwakas need to check out Z1 Enterprises. They are the cheapest on the net hands down for factory replacement parts.

• 1 month later...

MOAR!

IMG_0216.JPG

Still got heaps to do, small steps though.

Will look better when I fit my gaiters.

Where I initially thought my front fender would fit, turns out it rubs so will have to come up with a cunning plan for that :(

Guess that's the price you pay for fat tyres that are fat. Not looking forward to the handling however, without air in them the tread/sidewall merge looks almost square!

• Like 4