EURON8s TL125 Bobber Project

EURON8

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The colourful picture is me on it

I haven't sat on it with the frame mods cause its welded to the bench ATM.

Need to find someone friendly with mill.

The drill 2 holes and cut out In between method is hard.

The axle plates and top rear frame rail is all I need to finish the rolling frame

• 3 weeks later...

Got my axle plates cut the other week, then i cut the tip of my finger half off, so its been pretty quiet this week.

Today i really wanted to get it rolling so i could check out the overall look so i tacked the axle plates to the rear frame and chucked the wheel on, pretty stoked to be honest.

note: the lack of pretty much all the original bike :wink:

IMG_3572.jpg

Me riding it (inb4tara - took this myself) /handsome devil

IMG_3574.jpg

A couple of detail shots - bear in mind lots of it is unfinished / tacked / or there temporarily to hold shit square

Tank mounts - need to weld some threaded lugs into the back bone for the rear ones, front is done

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

Top engine mount - made usiing a scrap double bent piece of steel and the original engines brackets and bolts.

Can see the crude/still needs trimming tank recesses

DSCN0536.jpg

Seat needs to move forward a smidgey bit, when its down at its proper level its only a few mil off the wheel - no room for guard

DSCN0533.jpg

Rear frame - no notching for the plates yet , these WILL NOT stay like this, they will be attached properly in time

DSCN0537.jpg

That hideous piece of RHS and shit at the bottom of the engine is only there to keep the engine straight while i dragged it outside, its coming out as soon as i have some longer bolts to make the rear engine mount.

Next is:

- Finish engine mounts

- Make the gussets and frame supports for strengthen it all up

- everything else....

• Like 5

That was kinda the plan, but talking to the certman will help decide, if its to difficult with this bike im not fussed, once its done ill start with a already registered bike thats in the system.

The part that might make this hard is the fact is likely never been rego'd before.

'

Out of interest, what made you think i wouldn't want it on the road? wanna make sure im not missing something major haha.

Getting them on the road isn't difficult, but you will have to register it as a 2013 scratch built, and as such you will have to make it comply with all of the current day rules, eg 4 indicators, stop light that operates off both front and back brakes etc. It is kinda a pain in the arse, but not really a big deal.

I would suggest talking to Alex Gee, he is a certifier up your ways, I have been in contact with him regarding my bike and he is super helpful and one of those guys who genuinely wants to see more custom bikes on the road.

I would give him a buzz asap about what is reqired of the frame, it would be a huge pain in the arse to do heaps of work and then be told no. You will have to get the frame crack tested too, which isn't a huge pain, but just something to keep in mind before you go painting it or anything.

Yeah been meaning to ring that guy.

Don't worry the frame isn't getting welded at all untill I've sorted the legal requirements.

I'm just impatient and wanted to build, build BUILD!!!

4 indicators yuck!

Now I know my frame is pretty much all custom but at what point does it go from being stock to scratch built?

Yea I was in dispear when I rang them and asked if they could find my plate in the system, I don't have the chassis number because the person who built the frame didn't reattach it or something, so yea I have to register mine as a scratch built.

When you don't have original plates/rego hahaha. I really don't know, but in my case I guess it is far more applicable than modified stock bike, because the only bits on mine that are cb360 are the head tube, drop outs, and motor.