EURON8s TL125 Bobber Project

EURON8

I can neither agree nor disagree with the above comment Allan. safety reasons and all.

So, after much fiddling, cursing, standing back, closing one eye, poking tongue to the side and tiliting my head slightly I have mostly finalised the frame design. You lot can see that once i've got the major bends made up this week.

Updates with no pics are stink, so here's a pic.

Clip-ons weren't going to work with the small frame so I moved to tall bars.

Using some scrap pipe and the old bars I tacked up a quick mock of what i'll likely build for the bike.

The lowered forks are in the way of it standing up straight like I want it to ATM. These will get shortened in time.

DSCN0454_zps94140829.jpg

Mdf autocad template of rear axle brackets. (Note: There is more to them than just the one piece you can see and the V'd gusset bit has extra meat to be cut to suit when frame angles are figured out.

DSCN0461_zps0d8e206c.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you do this morning?

After not looking that hard for a suitable tank I gave up and cut up this suzuki tank I had floating round.

Its a better shape than the factry one but still far to big/long/

DSCN0462_zpsf879e26d.jpg

Won't need this bit

DSCN0465_zpsc7005203.jpg

Will need this bit

DSCN0466_zpse636961d.jpg

Made this part to fill in the 'small' hole left after the cutting

DSCN0468_zps3e936823.jpg

Together plus some tacks makes this

DSCN0469_zps63420f45.jpg

DSCN0470_zpsc469b66d.jpg

The rear piece underneath still needs a trim.

Once i've got the frame squared away I will notch the base so it drops down over the backbone.

Got the frames bent up last week,

After some fluffing round and securing of sorts i got it sitting under the frame

DSCN0487.jpg

Jigged up off the swingarm and squared it all up. Axle bolt slides through the pipe welded on top

DSCN0483.jpg

these wee things are awesome help

DSCN0486.jpg

New frame joined up at the front. Note: only one side is in the right place, the other will be adjusted once the frame is lined up and tacked together more. Its not actually heaps higher like it seems haha, needs cutting back and bending in

DSCN0478.jpg

Picked this up for it, 175 twin

DSCN0495.jpg

And whats going on here?

DSCN0491.jpg

• Like 1

Stem is staying at factory angle, determined by how far I lie the frame back and how much i lower the forks. Should really get onto that quickly, wont be lowered much more than they are as ive adjusted the frame to suit instead, but definately needs stiffening!!

What do people do? i was thinking of removing the 'keeper'?? spring, cutting the main one and chucking in a spacer. Maybe i could find some stiffer springs?

BOOM!!

Productive day,

was too early to attack shit with a grinder when i got into the shed this morning so i gave the engine a wee wire brush, proper degrease later,

DSCN0509.jpg

So , that notch in the stem, makes room for the new backbone,

Got that and the rear support notched, mitred and tacked in today

DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

After lots of pissing around trying to figure out how to join a piece of 22mmISH to the 50mmISH rear support i came to this most elegant solution.

Firstly, cut and notch a couple of bits,

DSCN0497.jpg

Then, tack em in and notch the rear support, (The box section and other bits f round are just spacers to hold the frame rails untill everything is tacked together)

DSCN0498.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

then, i cut out the notch in the tank. Bent up an insert which is now tacked and trimmed. One side is a little higher so needs more of a trim.

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

Chopped and bent in the front piece, still needs a little further trimming

DSCN0503.jpg

And an over view of the frame as it is now,

DSCN0507.jpg