Suzuki GT200 resuscitation...

Willdat?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coil turned up, unfortunately didn't fit, it did however make me reread the specs for coil...actually 20-30K Ohms across secondary windings not 20-30...so mine is fine. Supposed to fit the T500, maybe cubastreet needs a genuine NOS one?!

I'm doing more cosmetic mods at the moment, back to bare metal on tank, popped some steel Knead-it to mend a weeping leak in the tank will probably make the economy better than the current 10km/L. Suzuki decals are to be replaced with metal badges, hope it looks as good as it does in my imagination!

I'm doing more cosmetic mods at the moment, back to bare metal on tank, popped some steel Knead-it to mend a weeping leak in the tank will probably make the economy better than the current 10km/L.

Haha not likely, welcome to 2 stroke lyfe.

Good work though.

• 2 weeks later...

my mate has an x7 under his house. bought it in chch in 2005 but burned a piston just outside picton.

parts were hard to find so he picked up another motor for it, but stripped the cylinder stud threads or something.

I'm still trying to get him to get it back on the road.

No testing done yet, just trying one thing at a time until I get it sorted. I was dopey enough to pay a bike shop to sort a 1987 Suzuki DR250S a few years ago, I pulled the pin at $5500 invested with it still not running...

I'm going to delve into the workshop manual tonight and have a read up...quite stoked that I have 4 spare stators so hopefully there's a good one amongst them.

X7s are choice and actually pretty damn quick!

I'm not too sure what to do with the tail section as I want to keep my pillion seat...feel free to post inspiration!

I removed the foot pegs on my cb. These little bikes dont have enough power for pillions.

Brat style seat allows packs t be strapped to the back

Is it a wof issue? I think my DR-Z400 needed pillion pegs as it had a pillion seat or I could be making that up....