Suzuki GT200 resuscitation...

Willdat?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont see why a brat seat would make a small bike look comical? pretty sure my miniscule thing looks pretty alright, trick is keeping everyting to scale, i didnt go putting a cb750 seat on my cb50.

this bike would look great with a low profile seat of some sort.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IT'S ALIVE! Stoked that I actually diagnosed this correctly (for once).

excite!

I see what you did there...

This is holding up my welder as well... 

Take her shopping...? "Those shoes really bring out your eyes..." or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So you can't get original crankcase gaskets anywhere so I had a go at making my own. Pretty straight forward with ball pein hammer and gasket paper from super cheap.

Jobs to do

Refit stock bars and top triple then decide if I want flat bars instead as the clip ons are just too low for comfort.

New bullet terminals for indicators as the ones that came with the ebay specials are too small.

Wof and decide bikes future

I'm thinking that a car may maximise my OS involvement/enjoyment as my kids would be able to drive with me/ wife isn't getting on the back again in a hurry. Currently entertaining the idea of an 80s coupe...

• 2 months later...

September! 2 months to do a couple of simple jobs...rage quit with gasket paper, bought liquid gasket = success.

Failed at getting bike to run, ether would give a cough. Realised eBay 'bling' fuel filter was providing too much resistance.

Replaced exhaust -> header rubber joiner with Nos, luverly

Wheelies round work car park, spotted large amounts of oily petrol/petroly leaking on ground crank case 'stopper' not sealing properly.

I think it actually is ready for a wof now...will report back tomorrow.

Clean sheet wof, testing station chap even foamed a little about the bar mounts being milled off. Battery needs to be charged for full dazzle - will siphon a little oil out tonight too, could really do with a dip stick/viewing window.

Polish, then sell, if keen PM, owes me over $2k/I've done 500 km in a year would be stoked with $1500 otherwise will be on trademe at the weekend.