GuyWithAviators

GuyWithAviator's 1974 Austin 1300

Plus I'll just make another goldsack account and outbid you.

I'm kidding, but yeah he could just sell it to you the old fashioned way. Ie, sell it to you and not go through trademe or any of that sort of money hungry middleman service which is only really good if you don't have a buyer lined up.

• Like 2

Plus I'll just make another goldsack account and outbid you.

I'm kidding, but yeah he could just sell it to you the old fashioned way. Ie, sell it to you and not go through trademe or any of that sort of money hungry middleman service which is only really good if you don't have a buyer lined up.

didnt you end up winning those?? haha

Penis pump puhuhuhu.

I got a guided tour of this car earlier in the week. Goddamn those seats are comfortable.

Enjoy your new mesh grilles too mate.

• Like 3

yup yup, have recently stripped down and inspected my steering rack, while its out you may as well undo the gaiters and inspect the inner tie rods for movement, if you are super keen they can be taken apart but they are effectively sealed.

The minor workshop manual covers it pretty well actually, you will need some feeler gauges 

http://www.dolphnproductions.com/morrisminor.pdf

2 hours ago, tortron said:

yup yup, have recently stripped down and inspected my steering rack, while its out you may as well undo the gaiters and inspect the inner tie rods for movement, if you are super keen they can be taken apart but they are effectively sealed.

The minor workshop manual covers it pretty well actually, you will need some feeler gauges 

http://www.dolphnproductions.com/morrisminor.pdf

Good read, thanks for that link. 

I must be super keen, I had to take one of the inner tie rods apart to get the shaft out to fit the new bushing.

I have it all apart again now, going to give everything a good clean and regrease then assemble slowly, I rushed the first time. 

about your rack being tight, i just done the same thing as you, mine getting looser the more i drive it was tight as first time i drove it go kart steering spec slowly getting better, took me a day to do the rack and engine mounts man what a job