borrow - verniar calipers - wellington

Beaver

Any of the boes got a set of verniers I could borrow for a night/10 minutes?

Need to get an accurate measurement of the locating pin on my leaf springs for some blocks. Would hate to risk my ruler technique being shit and them not fitting.

cheers

I got a Mitre10 warrior one for $18 or $28, one of the two, and they work quite well. Battery lasted quite a while too (months) which people didn't expect. Trademe also has some cheap ones (Cam bought some 300mm ones i believe for $70? and the look fine also but you can't get those in a hurry.

If you buy Mitutoyo ones then they are awesome and moneybags spec. I got a set but rarely use them / they're stashed away to avoid damage.

For 99% of work a pair of cheap Mitre 10 spec ones are just fine. I've got a few for home / car / pick-a-part toolbox etc.

You don't need digital, just learn how to read a vernier scale :lol:

If you buy Mitutoyo ones then they are awesome and moneybags spec. I got a set but rarely use them / they're stashed away to avoid damage.

For 99% of work a pair of cheap Mitre 10 spec ones are just fine. I've got a few for home / car / pick-a-part toolbox etc.

I had a set of Mitutoyo ones left them on my desk one afternoonfor about 3 hours not even thinkin about it as was a second story in a office block been working there a few years and some cu*t flogged them.

Fuckin Kawerau even the bolted down shit aint safe.

So some fucker is rocking a pair with my last name engraved in them, if i come accross them ill stab the cu*t to death with them.

to any other newb's out there

the more complicated something is the more chances it has of fcuking up

truth

I got some cheap digi ones and the battery is low so the measurements are all up the shit and it doesn't have the scale on it to read it manually, can't be bothered buying a new battery every few months so will just get a standard one

Lol at Chinese batteries. My mitutoyo ones last over a year getting used every day and mostly never turning them off.

If you do get a cheap set don't take the readings as gospel, good enough for bolts sizes though

Pretty much. Had my two mitutoyo ones for almost two years and havent replaced the batteries yet