borrow - verniar calipers - wellington

Beaver

Mitutoyo or maybe Starret

dial type or vernier type are good in that the battery never goes flat. but changing a battery isn't a huge deal provided you keep some spares. although Ive usually found that the spare battery in the case is flat/missing by the time you goto use it anyway :lol:

I have a set of king tony ones. They are sweet as but I have fucked them from being a rough cunt.

Will get another set soon though and paint the current ones some bright colour for rough cunt duties

EDIT: would only every buy vernier calipers, not digital ones.

starret are very good and cheaper than mitutoyo- a good choice if you don't use them every.

I have a cheap set too. $15 bucks from the warehouse or something. the battery went flat in a week and the reading goes all over the shit if it gets close to anything magnetic.... took me a while to work that one out.

with that said though... aside from the fact they feel cheap... they measure just as accurately as any other vernier I have ever used.

if I was buying for home use I'd def buy analogue verniers for the battery reason.

lol at how this went from "can I borrow some calipers" to a tell everyone your story/opinion about calipers thread. I feel somewhat responsible.

Have we got a tech thread on tools?

haha my thoughts exactly, especially when my query was resolved in the first resposne.