Compressor and Air Tool Questions

felixx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have any experience with the ingco branded compressors?
Made in china, but I suppose most things are these days.
Interested in this one in particular
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=867014867

Will be spraying panels, probably getting a die grinder in the future as well, maybe even a bit of blasting when there's a bit more space in the garage.

That is crazy cheap for a new compressor that size. I've had a look at a few grinders and drills made by INGCO and they were all rubbish, but they were being used in a trade environment.

For farting around with at home it will probably be sweet, but I wouldn't rely on it to make me money.

• Like 1

fair enough, what do you mean by rubbish? I can deal with poor finish/bit of messing about to get 100% but shit functionality is a deal breaker. That marquip is sweet, but after a bit of reading I'd need a 16 ideally. Have been after one for ages but they rarely turn up on the tard.

I'm not sure, you could always call Marquip up and ask about that. Just saw what looks like TA65 on the pump, they likely have different sized pulleys and motor speeds. Just thought i'd throw out the 2nd hand option. 

edit - Ingco will be ~10.6 CFM FAD. So it's pretty good, so long as it lasts. I recall asking when it was Topmaq branded as it was so much cheaper than the Marquip. I'm not saying don't buy it, just see what's around for that price.

• Like 1

fair enough, what do you mean by rubbish? I can deal with poor finish/bit of messing about to get 100% but shit functionality is a deal breaker. That marquip is sweet, but after a bit of reading I'd need a 16 ideally. Have been after one for ages but they rarely turn up on the tard.

The price really reflects the quality, the motors were poorly balanced and wasted bearings in a few hours. The gears were rough and would chip teeth after a few days of use. I've never looked at the compressors close up though.

edit: another hilarious and probably irrelevant part was the commutators were egg shaped and the brushes would bounce off the commutator at a million revs, easily solved by spinning them up on the lathe and cutting them round.

• Like 2

how do you work out FAD if the manufacturer doesn't specify?

Ive got one of these http://www.nardicompressori.com/en/?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=209&name=extreme-4d-90-litri&Itemid=947&category_pathway=60

Supposedly a 480l/min compressor, Ideally I'd like it to be able to keep up with the small sand blaster I have, but it cant, not sure if its not performing as it should or I'm asking too much of it but it doesn't feel like its double what my previous compressor was on paper.

I guess on the positive side, is nice and quiet and the automatic dryer works well.

• Like 1

In theory that should handle it. I've never seen a compressor like that though, just going off the 480. What sort of blaster are you trying to run? I used to run one of these no worries: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VJWROwIZL._SY300_.jpg It did require the compressor to run 90% of the time, but on short breaks I could here the compressor drop back to free running, so I don't think it was close to running out of air.

The price really reflects the quality, the motors were poorly balanced and wasted bearings in a few hours. The gears were rough and would chip teeth after a few days of use. I've never looked at the compressors close up though.

edit: another hilarious and probably irrelevant part was the commutators were egg shaped and the brushes would bounce off the commutator at a million revs, easily solved by spinning them up on the lathe and cutting them round.

electric motor mechanical limiter?

hahaha holy shit, yeah I'm not going to risk the cash. Will hold out on the second hand market.

electric motor mechanical limiter?

Even with them trying to limit revs, they still chewed out the (non sealed) bearings.

hahaha holy shit, yeah I'm not going to risk the cash. Will hold out on the second hand market.

Yea man, hindin marquip stuff is sweet and still easy to get parts for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right, sick of trademe drongos with misrepresented compressors & people swiping just as I ask for a buy now.
Does here work/have connections with Hindin Marquip distributors?

Will bite the bullet and buy new, after the 16cfm dual control model, trade or cash pricing would be awesome if at all possible.

what's your budget ?

the belt driven 15cfm ingersoll rand i bought has served me well for over 12 years, this is it's 17cfm brother for similar money:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/compressors-pumps/compressors/auction-907062266.htm

here's the one i have:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/compressors-pumps/compressors/auction-910077738.htm

weak point i have found is the wheels don't like rough ground ( centres break) and they nearly fit through the rear-side window of a VN Commonwhore !