Compressor and Air Tool Questions

felixx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you get 20CFM off 15A? maximum motor size is about ~3hp on 15A that will only run around ~320l/min FAD as we have said earlier, thats only around 12CFM actual FAD. I have the biggest 15A compressor we could buy, 3 head pump and it is continuously running with the big DA, same with the blasting cabinet, full time running. You need 500l/min+ if you really want to use tools like sanders all the time

Mines like this, as its says actual FAD 11.5 CFM

http://bosscompressors.rtrk.com.au/?scid=145794&kw=6103081&pub_cr_id=13288075581

Its shit for what I have been doing, I go in a drool over the huge 3 phase units at my local tool place every time I'm in there

are there any brands/models that are more reputable than others when it comes to air compressors?

Marquip

I have one of these in my Workshop

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farmi ... 739526.htm

on 5 days a week 8 hours a day for longer than I have been here (pre 98)

pays to drain the water once a week and check the filters etc (most my machines use air/spray booth etc) and I change the oil once every couple years / possibly should be more often

Hindin Marquip and ingersoll rand are good. You'll find some crowds like Ash Air use marquip or ingersoll pumps, Mine is an Ash Air with a Hindin Marquip 15cfm pump, 3hp motor, probably as good as you'll get single phase, got it for $400 off trademe.

I have some new hose to replace my old one, but it has internally threaded fittings in each end to fit the aro fittings to - reckon I should use those or cut off and clamp/crimp? Where do you get the crimps from, and what crimper do you need to use? Looks like a specific tool is needed

How much hose should I run between takeoff and my permanent water trap you reckon spence? and the vertical should be down to the trap I presume (My trap is one of the ones with the spinning prop in it).

Where do the disposable traps fit on guns? Would you only worry about having a disposable trap for painting?

Also, can you recommend any guns? Firstly for say epoxy primer, and secondly for paint.

Yeah that was what I was thinking, the ash air guys did a fitout on one of the jobs aI did and everything is nicely crimped, but I guess a hose clamp can do the same job for at home/small scale stuff.

Fuck my post above is a bit of a random mix of questions, will tidy it up