Flibois Boosted Charade

BlownCorona

So over the last few days i completed the purchase of my 'practical daily'

1987 Diahatsu Charade GTti

1000cc

3 cylinder

turbo

factory front mount inter cooled.

and apparently still holds the record for the worlds fasted 1000cc production car.

So far im utterly stoked with it, got it for very cheap. and short of a pile of trim clips, all it needs is the respray (sorting it through a mate)

there are a few spots to fix up on it but no big deal.

also picked it up with a few nice extras. the 14" 5 spoke Detomaso rims from the next gen charade

and a Blitz SS bov which does sound quite good, for those into that sort of thing.

it has a boost tap but it wont be going over the factory 9-10 psi.

its far far quicker than i imagines, and the sound it amazing. the combination of the 3 cylinder sound and the turbo spooling up really does it for me.

have also installed a stereo, and will probably install 4 new speakers and a sub.

PICTURES

20120912181913.jpg

20120912181556.jpg

20120912181607.jpg

20120912181621.jpg

20120912181649.jpg

20120912181702.jpg

20120912181806.jpg

20120912181816.jpg

20120912181827.jpg

have decided on the burnt orange that the ft86 comes in,

424631_521255407901089_606996410_n.jpg

This wont be too much of a project, get it looking nice, slam it a bit, install stereo and enjoy.

feel free to post opinions.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, it's the kind of car that suits a white or a silver. Something in keeping with the era, rather than one of these modern metallics, like all the weirdos that use the "hot house green" or whatever it is other colour that started getting used the same time as "burnt orange".

i am really unkeen on white.

i guess factory silver is always an option, but ive never been a fan of bland as fuck colours like white silver and black.

red would be an option but again, just doesnt feel right.

and i cant see any actual rust. couple of stone chips. and the rear hatch is a bit weird, some kind of putty around the screen, so im probably going to get a 2nd hand hatch, same with the front gaurd and passangers door. not badly damages, but probably easier to just get 2nd hand panels,

i also heard pick a part had a couple, so that will help with that plan immensly.

by all means keep colour opinions rolling in, its a serious debate in my head. though i do think that particular burnt orange would look good, or i did see a sweet copper colour on a newish legacy today.