Flibois Boosted Charade

BlownCorona

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a little bit of work on this this afternoon.

put the straight, rust free hatch on that i got from pick a part. it also had a much nicer LED high stop light in the bigger roof spoiler.

20120916182327.jpg

20120916182336.jpg

replacing my pretty rust fucked and sealant over rust, original rear hatch with its yuck warped roof lip.

20120916182345.jpg

20120916182412.jpg

also put the mud gaurds on, but youd need to see a full profile shot to see the importance, whch ill get one day,

bringing a total of 4 colours into the mix now.

also opinions on ditching the rear garnish and painting underneath it the new body colour, leaving this garnish, or replacing with the old hatchs garnish that matches the 3 lines in the lights.

im leaning towards swaping this old garnish on as i havnt found any good pics of a shaved hatch

maybe shaved was the wrong word. i only meant running no rear garnish, but i do like the continuous red bar, so i think ill re attach the matching middle section.

will look into re using the old spoiler, my mid window did you mean mid hatch, at the base of the window? cause mid window would look weird as fuck.

so i have picked up a set of nice Autometer Pro Comp gauges (boost and oil pressure) for this, so i can ditch the ugly as sin trademe gauges and fake carbon fibre gauge pod.

the weird thing is, that i put the boost gauge in, and it reads only about 7psi, the old gauge was about 9. its probable that the shitty gauge was that inacurate, but its also possible the second hand auto meter gauge is faulty or the line might not be sealed.

the issue is that i can find an accurate listing for the standard boost these things run. ive seen it stated from 7psi up to 10.5psi and all between.

does anyone know what the standard boost is on these. or how i can determine it (im not wanting to have it wound up at all) and i want the gauge reporting accurately.

so i took out the ugly as sin fake carbon fiber a pillar gauge pod, and have added a couple if nice Autometer Pro Comp gauges, and oil pressure and a boost gauge.

however the boost gauge was only reading about 7psi (factory these things should run at 9.2, as stated in my engine manual, although also seen stated as 10.5.)

so i thought maybe my gauge was faulty, but i also didnt trust the repco gauge that was in it that read about 9psi.

Borrowed a nice HKS gauge from Ranter, and its also only reading up to .5bar (7.2psi)

Im quite confused as i was in the understanding that you couldn't run lower that standard boost, even with controllers. its got a boost tap, and i think its set to minimum, is it possible that what ever it replaced was responsible for controlling the couple psi over the wastegate spring?