Beaver's WunTwennyWhy Coupe

kicker

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are different you goat, im not that stupid.

I have the the manual xmember to use (the gbox mounts are entirely different as well). There is differing thoughts on what fits what and that some cars have both set of holes etc but I had a good nosey around and measure up the other day and Im pretty sure its not a bolt in affiar. One of the datsun guys did the same swapo (ina sedan but same thign) and yeh he made up some adaptor plates.

Flexplate bolts normally are not long enough so get new flywheel bolts - High tensile will be fine providing you can get them with low profile heads or the clutch plate may rub on them when the plate wears down..

I have the flywheel bolts from the engine I took the flywheel and clutch etc from (I got a compelte a12 and box from dadums), so yeh, I have the right ones, but want to konw if I need new ones or can just resuse them.

Just to put my opinion in there I also like the sound of more low. :D

Iirc n13 pulsars are the shortest factory shock that'll fit in 1200 struts. Unsure if 120y is the same haha.

Also wouldn't have a clue if 120Y shocks are the same as 1200's but if they are then this is the easiest way to go.

I have just made new suspension for the 2door using the n13 pulsar shock inserts and also shortening the strut housing for extra low.