Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man just get a 2jz, run it on tripples and make a 4m valve cover fit it

like this twin cam 5.0 Coyote with old school 427 'cammer' valve covers

6a00d83451b3c669e2013488bcf113970c-800wi

you will have untold issues fucking with M series shit

definitely this

would be sweet

If you have the hookups at a machine shop then why muck around, go the whole hog. Do a 2jz-ge like speeno suggested, but machine up a cam cover to go over the twincam head that looks like an original Toyota 3M

795px-1967_Toyota_3M_Type_engine_front.jpg

It's of the era, so it would look like it belongs under there and you get the benefit of modern reliability. Plus it would be straight forward compared to making an M abomination.

Now that would be cool, CAD one up and cut it out of billet if you are rich? bit of wrinkle paint will have it looking close? Or cast it if you can

Probably could use a 2T cover to get the ideas/ball rolling/use 2 of them mashed together/fuck knows

3M

2000gtengine.jpg

2T

P6080014.jpg

Speeno out

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=105108

This is interesting if you really wanted to stay M spec but that looks American so hmmmm

That is very interesting!

The reason I was going to go with the m series is the originality factor. It will look like the original engine that's been modified. But I would like to avoid m series if I can.

I still think it will be a fun project, but as pointed out there will be endless problems.

IF a 7m and a 4m fall into my lap for the righ price I may still persue this for shits and giggles. Otherwise the 2jz will be the answer.

IF a 7m and a 4m fall into my lap for the righ price I may still persue this
If they fall into your lap you will see all the reasons you can't/shouldn't do this. Most of which are too difficult to explain over the interwebs. I've tried finding pictures but they fail also.

Go JZ hunting.

Good luck.

these are ideas I have been having with my crown also

Make an adapter or something,

I ahvnt done any measruing, but putting two 2tg or 18rg cam covers together could work. dont think the heads are as wide on a 2j tho. could be wrong

As much as I dislike the idea of having 2 cars with this setup would you be interested in buying one if I made two. Go halves in the cost? 3m style made to fit the 2jz heads perfectly. We have a team of brilliant designers that can be persuaded to design and program the cnc for the right quantity of beer ;)

these are ideas I have been having with my crown also

Make an adapter or something,

I ahvnt done any measruing, but putting two 2tg or 18rg cam covers together could work. dont think the heads are as wide on a 2j tho. could be wrong

As much as I dislike the idea of having 2 cars with this setup would you be interested in buying one if I made two. Go halves in the cost? 3m style made to fit the 2jz heads perfectly. We have a team of brilliant designers that can be persuaded to design and program the cnc for the right quantity of beer ;)

depends on cost but probabaly yes.

i was thinking if I made me own to sand cast, I wouldnt be making just one anyway.

I have spoken to spence about this a while ago, when i was looking at getting a ms40 pickup over from ozzy

quad throttles on an m?

I imagine he means independent throttle bodys

I had definately considered that and may still go that route for economy and power but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I also thought a set of tripple delotos with trumpets could be pretty cool.

Al this isn't going to happen for a while if it happens at all but ill definately let you know if this project gets under way.