Widening wheels measurments

Gaz

Heyhi.

Going to drop some rims in tomorrow to get widened, the question is how much.

Car is a Chevette coupe, wheels are 14", guards are lipped.

I am not going to change mounting face so its all about moving outter out. (three piece wheels)

I have dropped a plumbline down from the outter edge of guard and measured that I can pump out dish 2.5inches front and rear. My question is should I do this much or go more?

What have you widened steal guys done before or 3p wideners?

Gaz

Depends what look you're going for I guess. With the stretch being so popular it's only a matter of time before it's likely to not be legal. So i'd personally just go flush with the guard. Probably not ideal look wise though if you're stretching 185s on to 8" rims.

i put centre in wheel and played around then told guy to weld so cant remember back spacing/offset.

but yeh this on the back is about quite close to inline with guard, maybe ever so slightly inside. if you do all the wheels the same maybe to just inside the read guard the front will have heaps of room due to camber + i think the wheels are slightly more inside on the front(in relation to guard).

DSCN0959.jpg

was ok at that height but i made it lower and was rubby rubby even with little tyres and big hammer time on guards

i think this pic below, is from before welding and i pretty sure/99% i moved the centres in more. would of been better to keep like this. for the back anyway. front would of looked stink. but i think something like this pic is what you should do if you want to keep it driveable. ps thats just desprung on one side so slight camber angle. def dont go inline with edge off guard otherwise you'll have to keep car real high edit: assuming 2 door sedan is the same arches as 4 door...

chevetteofdaheeeeze.jpg

if its lowered and you haven't got an adjustable panhard in there yet stop.

your diff could be poked 20mm one way and give you the wrong measurements,

depending on the look you want a 195 45 on a 14x8 would be the profile i'd go for.

with 10mm poke outside the top guard lip you shouldn't have problems as your diff heads running out of room by the time you start getting to brads/tims wags rideheight.

also remembering you can molest the twin skin rear wells as you don't have a pesky extra set of doors

Be aware that if you are having new outers made there may only be certain sizes that you can get which is the problem that I had. I asked for one thing and got something different because they only had the formers to do ½ an inch either side of what I wanted.