FLIPING CAR ON SIDE WITHOUT DAMAGING IT?

7ESKY9

Well then - just get it on its side - do some nutting out of where the body will roll to and make sure you have enough room. Also figure out a safe way to support it once its on its side - a couple of well placed tyres to stop it rolling back and maybe some rope to hold it in place.

Also would pay to have 3 or 4 mates around to help with the move. Don't let it roll onto its roof or use the roof as a place to support it from - the roof will dent easily and once its dented its a mother fucking cunt to get it looking straight again.

Its not the ideal way to do it but as long as you are not leaving it there for too long or go daft and damage the body shell by being a rough prick then it works fine..

Well then - just get it on its side - do some nutting out of where the body will roll to and make sure you have enough room. Also figure out a safe way to support it once its on its side - a couple of well placed tyres to stop it rolling back and maybe some rope to hold it in place.

Also would pay to have 3 or 4 mates around to help with the move. Don't let it roll onto its roof or use the roof as a place to support it from - the roof will dent easily and once its dented its a mother fucking cunt to get it looking straight again.

Its not the ideal way to do it but as long as you are not leaving it there for too long or go daft and damage the body shell by being a rough prick then it works fine..

\

thanks for advice mate will go find some matreses tomorow( girlfriend wasnt to keen on me using ours hahaha)

I can't see why a chick would not be keen to have her matress covered in underseal - LOL

BTW - if you can't find mattresses then a half dozen well placed (preferably high profile and wide-ish tyres) will do the trick too.

Maybe chuck a a tube in each of 4 of them (with the valves facing down so they dont scratch the body) and pump them up till the tyres hold your weight without collpasing in on themselves. Then follow same instructions for securing the body for safety. I doubt there is a recommended PSI measurement as the tube would not be enclosed and therefore not create pressure.

I built one of those rigs you speak off. Didn't cost too much materials wise. But was a pain in the arse to get it right so it was balanced. I'd almost be tempted to lift the front in the air and brace it with something really solid. Do the front half of the car. Then drop the front and repeat on the rear end.

No matter how you set it up, the underseal is a prick to get off! Have fun :D

i saw a jig that was made out of thick ply wood.

basically it was a quarter circle shape that was bolted to the front of the car, and one on the back. bolted to the bumper mounts with some steel supports or whatever, but the gist of the thing is that the car just gets rolled onto its side without the car getting mangled on the ground.

the one i saw was an Australian guy rolling a celica and it worked really well.

just a thought.....

hi done this before on a mini with old surfboard racks on. With a short tape on over size pipe on the roll over side so the roof egde was supported and no weight or dents on the side panels while flipping over on roof. Once there it was well supported where I then dropped it on to a wheeled frame.

The ply idea listed before not a bad idea as well or mod that (i.e. free what have you materal) and use pipe or wooden 4by2s "A" frame BBQ table type legs and with mates flip it over and have it sitting on table legs. Just think about weight, support and bracing and you can do it for practically no cost.

The advantage of the methods above is that you can still see all of the panels and see that none are being damaged or are under pressure plus you can take your time and pop it back in the shed.

Have fun the world needs more fun

Oh my, that won't buff out.

:lol:

The blue one went to the great scrapyard in the sky soon after. The local garage that picks up my hulks for scrap said I hadn't left them much on that one. Well duh! The 186 from it is in the white Kingswood presently though.