Phils Rotaries or Rare Spares? Need some new door rubbers..

kiwi808

I'll ask when I'm next going by the dealership down here. They know me and are good to me. Considering I've owned half their back catalogue and i've answered retards questions for them while being in the office they should me.

Was lol once when some muppet was asking for the rotary specific mazda branded oil he needed to mix with his fuel on his stock standard 6port

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those little clips on my rx3 all either pulled out from the rubber or broke off in the door. The ones that stayed intact didn't click in and stay in place so well. Would be awesome if you can get new clips!

I tried rubber in the right shape from from a source in England but it was slightly too big and door wouldnt shut. Has to be just right. Plus it was bloody tricky to try and get the clips fitted inside the rubber. I reused the old seals in the end.

How bad are your old seals?

Is the down side of the mazda rotary.

thanks to the high number of knuckle draging, knumbnuts that own them, Mazda NZ don't have a hell of alot of patience for anyone asking questions about parts form them. ( can you imagine some of the calls they get ? :rolleyes: )

The best way, I've found, to get taken seriously when asking about parts is to have the part numbers for the parts your after.

This page should be helpfull :D

http://foxed.ca/index.php?page=rx7manual

I can't say if anything will be available though.

The part numbers from this site haven't been used since 1999 so still no good for getting help from Mazda but i really appreciate the help!

Is the down side of the mazda rotary.

thanks to the high number of knuckle draging, knumbnuts that own them, Mazda NZ don't have a hell of alot of patience for anyone asking questions about parts form them. ( can you imagine some of the calls they get ? :rolleyes: )

The best way, I've found, to get taken seriously when asking about parts is to have the part numbers for the parts your after.

This page should be helpfull :D

http://foxed.ca/index.php?page=rx7manual

I can't say if anything will be available though.

The part numbers from this site haven't been used since 1999 so still no good for getting help from Mazda but i really appreciate the help!

goto an older well esablished dealership and look through the old parts books. Been a few years since i did it and i cant remember how, but you can use the info out of those old books to find what you want on the computer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm well I have rang and spoken to the guy from Rotaries Direct several times and he keeps making excuses as to why I can't come and check out the door rubbers before buying them. Annoying as hell but then maybe his parts are shit which is why he doesn't want me to look at them first? :evil:

• 11 months later...

Mega Threadomancy here but..

Ordered some door rubbers from Phils Rotaries after actually speaking to the dude. If they don't fit he offered me my money back. No one else so far has offered anything like that so I figured what the hell I'll try them and see.

Will do a full report once they arrive.

I got some inner window seals for the crown from rare spares thinking it was going to be a oem aftermarket part,they got it on special order from oz,turned out there were missed shaped and i have to drill holes?dissapointed with there product and was probbily from thailland were i could of got it for 1/4 the price,best of luck finding your bits,have yoi tried pararubber? ,they may have the right rubber

So, my parts still haven't arrived. So I rang and rang and got all kind of promises to sort it out ect as one guy I spoke to on Monday said they haven't even been sent yet.

Anyway, today I got an e-mail to say that they have been posted. Pretty pissed about it really. I know they are not McDonalds but seriously annoyed at how long it has taken and how piss poor thier customer service is. Yes I was warned that Phills was shit but still..

And if the rubbers turn out to be poos then all fucking hell is going to break loose (like a strongly worded e-mail..)

It all started with a stupid little black piece of plastic for the FC3S I wanted and couldn't get here in NZ. It is the cover above the passenger door and covers the wing mirror. My one was cracked (as they all appear to be) and Phill had some new ones. Postage was expensive so I ran them I also ended up with some NOS (or probably cheap knock-off) Mazda 808 badges and the coupe door rubbers. The door rubbers were $80 ozzy. All up including postage I spent $170 Ozzy (nearly $200NZD) so was al little annoyed that that didn't sort it sooner..

Stupid Mazdas lol..

• 2 weeks later...

Well my bits arrived today. The NOS mazda 808 badges I ordered did indeed turn out to be shit (I mean really fucking shit) repro ones in metal and are shit.(did I mention how shit they are).

Will look at doing the door rubbers this weekend, but after seeing the quality of the repro mazda badges I am not holding my breath that my door rubbers will be any good.

*sad face*