Help How to remove oil stain?

EvoBilly

as the title says

had a old man moment and forgot to drain the oil from gearbox before pullin the axles out end result was bout 3ltrs of oil on the drive leaving a good stain

ive got a work area were i can spill oil on but its got a work in progress car there so i was working in the drive the other half is now REALLY pissed off ive tried to scrub it away with degresser and water just thined it out and made it bigger

there must be a pro trick to remove it

mods if this is the wrong section please move to were it should be

its rough old concrete if i had money i would smash it up and re-do with new so it was level and smooth

for now would just like to clean it the main issue is my 15 month old runs round on it and ends up black on his cloths then the yelling starts lol

Have had a few mass oil spillages, last one from a Landrover trans right across our shared carpark when the hose popped off the radiator.

Pour petrol on it, use an old broom to spread it around and then spread sawdust or similar over it to absord. Push the pile of sawdust back over and over and it will be mint. A dirty old workshop I once worked in used this method on the old uneven concrete.

Have had a few mass oil spillages, last one from a Landrover trans right across our shared carpark when the hose popped off the radiator.

Pour petrol on it, use an old broom to spread it around and then spread sawdust or similar over it to absord. Push the pile of sawdust back over and over and it will be mint. A dirty old workshop I once worked in used this method on the old uneven concrete.

Yup petrol is awesome at shifting oil stains - don't use it on asphalt or tar seal though as it disolves the tar as well

The caustic soda doesnt seem to lift the oil out of the floor though. I have used it many times and it can make concrete look like new, but big oil stains tend to stay soaked in, plus you usually have to so the whole floor or you will have a real clean white patch of conctrete haha. As said above petrol (any decent solvent ie thinners) will work to lift the stain, then just soak it up.

The caustic soda doesnt seem to lift the oil out of the floor though. I have used it many times and it can make concrete look like new, but big oil stains tend to stay soaked in, plus you usually have to so the whole floor or you will have a real clean white patch of conctrete haha. As said above petrol (any decent solvent ie thinners) will work to lift the stain, then just soak it up.

this ^

also brake clean can 'lift' it out too .

i have used brakeclean then our concrete cleaner (sodium hydroxide based). and then battery acid to 'etch' new concrete out . will look clean as fuck and weird for a bit . but time and burnouts fix that