240z engine swap time!

mikey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall height from oil pan to top of intake manifold....................28''

height to top of heads......................................................23 1/2''

height to top of front cam covers.......................................24 3/4''

width from head to head not including plumbing tubes............22 1/2''

overall length from front idler pully to where trans bolts up...........21''

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/top ... imensions/

for that kinda money i would deff go VH45de vh- later model one with steel backed guides etc... then get a flywheel/adaptor plate kit to bolt it to nissan silvia manual box (they are available from the usa).

But thats just me. The v6's u are talking about are also very cool. I've been in 350z's and was surprised by their poke.

-Nathan,

The vh45de is a pretty tight fit due to it being a 90 degree v8 in an engine bay designed for a straight 6. And according to wikipedia it only has 278hp?

Anyway, Ive gotten a little ahead of myself. That auction doesnt have a Buy-Now but Im leading the bidding with 16 hours to go. No other bids so far. Fingers crossed.

according to wikipedia it only has 278hp?

The 4.5 L VH45DE featured variable valve timing, also known as VTC, from 1990 until 1995. This was due to the "Gentleman's Agreement", requiring all imports to produce no more than 280 hp. Nissan got around this by publishing the hp rating without VTC, meaning it's actual power rating is closer to 310 hp and 330 lb·ft. of torque.

• 2 months later...

Hi, depends on what horse power you want and what application you need the motor for and budget etc. Plenty of Vq30det around and on trade me, Vq35 are a nice motor as is the vq30det. Nw to the forum so can someone tell me how to insert an image.

Yep I bought the VQ35. It should be ready for pick up in under a week! So pumped. ha

I'll run the 350z box as well. Did you throw away the carbon tube and get a steel shaft made using the existing yoke? I believe you can cut and re-bond the carbon shaft, but I doubt anyone in NZ would do it.

The Vq35 is a great motor, I have one of those as well the only problem I have ever had with it is that it keeps hitting the red line on the rev counter. Figured out my right foot is to heavy. I used the carbon fiber driveshaft and adjusted the motor position to fit it in, only because the motor position was within 30mm of where I wanted it. If you can, use the carbon fibre driveshaft, do you want the dimensions of the shaft ? Other than that you will need to cut the shaft and turn off ( in a lathe) the remaining shaft off the yoke, then weld on a steel shaft etc. Would be great if you could use the original carbon fibre shaft as it will reduce your rotational mass a lot, and I have never heard of them breaking even in 350z that are around 900hp, still use the carbon shaft.