Eunos Roadster of Initial D stance.

Furai

thats because 4age horses are double as strong as normal horses. and kei is kicking the shit outa them.

dont need power for heaps of angle. more speed! more lock does make it easier and look like you can drive better. but also fells way more awesome when you are super crossed up. if you got it sused with not much lock will be walk in the park with heaps

Yeah Keis car can really go! What sort of ratios do the AE and KP boxes have and final drive? I think the main part of my problem is the gearing, second goes up to 100KMH so I have to be going fast or thats it.

Your KP was impressive at Keis day but the 4AGE is a way better engine than the B6

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4.3 is the usual final drive in most 4age cars, fwd included. kp runs a 4.3 but is extra low geared with the 195/45's on it. think it still pulls 100k or close to it in 2nd. but got to 8500rpm to do it. i pretty much left it in 2nd gear all day, that day.

definitely looked like you could do with a bit more power. if you go itb's pay attention to getting a a nice manifold setup. taper into the port and nicely matched up transitions. setup in the kp now, i was pretty picky with it. goes awesome for a stock cam'd engine, with mostly bolt on mods

4.3 is the usual final drive in most 4age cars, fwd included. kp runs a 4.3 but is extra low geared with the 195/45's on it. think it still pulls 100k or close to it in 2nd. but got to 8500rpm to do it. i pretty much left it in 2nd gear all day, that day.

definitely looked like you could do with a bit more power. if you go itb's pay attention to getting a a nice manifold setup. taper into the port and nicely matched up transitions. setup in the kp now, i was pretty picky with it. goes awesome for a stock cam'd engine, with mostly bolt on mods

Im running a 4.1 with 165/60/14(Effectively 4.3), my rev limit is 7250RPM. I was mainly in second but cant link the dam corner at the end of Meremere well.

Im thinking of buying a 6-Speed to drop the ratios a bit. Would mean 85K top out instead of 100K and its an easy way to get the most out of this engine.

Heres the gearing calc to have a look.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/gearing.php

• 2 weeks later...

So went drifting at Hampton skidpan, first time I had driven there in 4 months and I got thrown straight into twin car action!

Great fun chasing people but real hard when you have no handbrake and 80 odd powers.

Anyway heres the vid, enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted some cooler drift wheels rather than stockers, so when these came up for $500 I snapped them up.

They are Enkeis Roders in 15-8J +20 and 15-7J +20.

Came on 195/45s. 2 Proxes and 2 directionals.

885358_10200780715107093_134119529_o.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good with drift wheels. Its a real different sort of wheel to all the other mx5s run. Good sort of different.

Thanks I do like them!

Dude that looks sweet!

Just sack it.

Haha can only just get in my driveway as it is.

So why don't you make them you street wheels and lower it?

215s are putting me off. Want it legal.