Chassis Black paint

karlb

POR15 would go good on that. Bit more spendy than chassis black though I imagine. But drys rock hard. Can't recall exactly what it is resistant too oil etc wise though. But if it's freshly sandblasted you just paint it straight on. That's exactly what i'll be doing.

Sandblast - paint - done.

http://www.permanentpaintedcoatings.co. ... 202010.pdf

Hammerite is good too, did a bike frame in silver wrinkle finish or something and it came up good and was hard as. Also used a smooth white one on work van around windscreen and it still looks as good as the day I did it.

POR15 is pretty good shit. Although I have read that UV is it's Kryptonite. But underneath a car UV isn't really an issue. (Unless you really really push the envelope in the bends lol)

Yeah I think it can go milky coloured if in sun full time. I don't think its anything more than a cosmetic issue though. Won't break the paint down.

POR15 is great, just make sure you put a topcoat over it as it will oxidise. CRC Black Zinc does the same - you can use CRC Zinc it as a primer and then just topcoat with any reasonable topcoat to get the results you are after. probably best to ask a spraypainter or at a paint store though.

yip wattyl killrust is good as is crc black zinc..

over the top of black zinc on the underbody (not suspension or any moving parts) i use this stuff; mendent brush-on underbody seal:

CRC-Brush-On-Underbody-Seal.jpg

i like it.. it is rubberised and is not so brittle as to chip off like others