Mega Shed of Ed.

0R10N

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow the size of the water retention tank got upped from 2000 to 3000 litres without anyone telling me. so the nectarine tree at the back of my section will need to be obliterated in order for it to fit :shock:

ah well, the neighbours hated it anyway. It used to shit leaves into their back yard.

If the drainage is completed by Wednesday evening the ramp will be poured on Thursday and left to seal over the weekend. Final council inspections should take place mid-next week which (fingers crossed) will time everything just right for a Feb 25th shedwarming...

Photo update when I get home!

If the drainage is completed by Wednesday evening the ramp will be poured on Thursday and left to seal over the weekend. Final council inspections should take place mid-next week which (fingers crossed) will time everything just right for a Feb 25th shedwarming...

So I get to write my name in it with a stick this weekend?

I'm guessing the ramp will be too hard by then Shaz. And Sam - no poochwees in the shed or I'll feed Doug to my tongan neighbours!

anyway, here is a slew of updates to bring things up to speed. Day 27 thru Day 41 were all spent without any activity taking place, as the structure's virtually finished. The electrician stopped in during the first week of February and wired up eight incandescent light fittings, to be eventually replaced with flouro downlighting for max coverage.

6874689587_f3686e4710_b.jpg

fast forward three weeks and the drainage is finally done. As I was about to walk down the driveway and get into my car this morning, a giant water tank and digger turned up on the back of a truck, so naturally I had to cool my heels for a bit while everything got unloaded.

Not that you can see anything of course, as the pipe runs underground along the left hand side of the building, and the tank is tucked out of sight at the back.

6874689991_38f0bc08cd_b.jpg

the tank is a behemoth indeed. The old nectarine tree in the backyard had to be chopped down in order for it to fit through the gap between shed and fenceline - digger pretty much chewed thru it within five minutes, and the neighbours will be stoked that it no longer exists to shit leaves and rotten fruit all over their yard. Final resting place of the tank is in the far corner of the section.

It's big and green.

6874690987_3101712dde_b.jpg

Folks may ask, "why do you need a water tank?" Because 98sqm of Hortonian overland flow, that's why.

This large amount of runoff from the massive roof has to go somewhere, and the soil in most of this area is clay-based, which means soakholes aren't exactly a viable option for drainage - all that water will just end up creating a giant swamp in the back yard. So council requirements state it all has to be discharged into the stormwater system, but at a steady trickle, hence the 3000 litre retention tank.

6874691439_b108c8fb42_b.jpg

The crummy weather as of late has been used as an excuse for the lack of concrete ramp construction, which is a stink buzz :(

I've been told that Monday is go-day but it's cutting things a bit fine... if the shed is not signed off by Council by the 25th there will be no shedwarming.

And finally, the ramp is poured on Day 50 of the projekt. The slope is a lot gentler than I first thought; almost imperceptible from certain angles.

Fingers crossed that council will be able to do their final inspections and sign off/issue a CCC by next week... (that's only a fortnight behind schedule!)

6934548667_fa77471a5e_b.jpg