Brennan's, ke70 Corolla, 3sge Beams powered.

Brennan

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, who is the local engineer that widens rims?

Cheers

Good to know you're still lurking about!

That cast inlet manifold is awesome, is that a pricey exercise to have it cast?

(guessing the design and mould was all skill/free..??)

Also Mr shakotannnn it is manditory you attend next/one ever, O.S 1st-thurs-of-the-month meet!

Or you will be removed from the forum haha

shit i love this build, my (hopefully) cheap throttles couldn't be put to better use! will look so sweet sodablasted sporting polished trumpets. that manifold is amazing.

Yea those are your ones, cant wait to get them cleaned up.

That cast inlet manifold is awesome, is that a pricey exercise to have it cast?

(guessing the design and mould was all skill/free..??)

Also Mr shakotannnn it is manditory you attend next/one ever, O.S 1st-thurs-of-the-month meet!

Or you will be removed from the forum haha

The cast inlet manifold is the sort of thing that my dad designs and builds for a living, they take allot of work, and are not the cheapest for one off objects. Also dont have our own mill so had to pay someone to machine it.

And i will be there haha.

very nice build which link g4 were you planning on using? storm or extreme?

id like to see your re barrled/ widened wheels and how well they were welded up please send pics.

also how muchy acn you reproduce some quad itb adapters for?

Alex

Im not sure which link, dont even know the diference personally, the electrician i am using had a pretty good plan on what he was going to do when i drop it off.

Not sure on a price of the intake manifold as yet. Maybe around 400? probably less.

hi there.

totally love your setup. im currently busy with the same setup but was thinking of using the original intake, only problem is that its quite huge and takes up a lot of space. so i was wondering how ITB's would look on the motor and then i came accross your setup.

i bought a set of 45mm blacktop 20v ITB's but i dont know how to fit them on.

can you please assist me.

thanks

i can sell you a cast aluminium adaptor, that you can machine up to fit the blacktop itb's. havnt tried it with blacktops yet. just silvertop. but 99% sure it should work as the only diference is the size/shape of the intake. It just means that you will have to modify one of the links between the 2 centre throttle bodies. You will need a decent aftermarket computer that can run the dual vvti and the itb's. The fuel system still works as it is not connected to the factory plenum. other than that i am still learning myself so goodluck.

i have someone that can fabricate for me, is there much difference in the links? the ecu im going to be using perfect power with an extra chip to run both vvti. my fuel setup i have the standard tank whcih i refurbished and running a surge tank to keep the motor from starving. will you be able to send me the designs of the adaptor? how much do you want for the cast aluminium adaptor?

Prices above for the adaptor were: $350 machined. $250 unmachined for now.

It's much easier if people get them machined themselves to suit there setup.

I don't really have any drawings as it was drawn straight onto the wood used to make the pattern.

Nice work on the manifold, must be rewarding being able to make that sort of thing from scratch. Super keen on any more pictures that you have regarding making them, if you have time a sort of how to thread on producing them start to finish is something I'm sure alot of people would be keen on seeing.

I lol'd at new tyres "very happy with them so far" before they are even mounted on rims haha

From what I have been told and seen beams 3sge is not a good engine to pick if your want big numbers from a NA engine. Some numbers I have seen is around 190hp on the dyno.

But again mine isn't going or tuned so I don't really know.