Brennan's, ke70 Corolla, 3sge Beams powered.

Brennan

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the work shouldnt be a problem, dads a hot rod builder, and ive bagged a 54 chevy to scrape frame so suspension isnt anything to new. only said r34 as i have one sitting there, but thats good to hear about the altezza irs as pretty keen on that. Cheers guys

KEEN TO GET SOME CAMBER ON THE BACK! :D

Lookin forward to watchin the build. If youre set on gettin camber in the back, personally I would steer away from the Altezza. We had one up on the hoist not that long ago to do some work to, and the rear setup is nothing amazing. Iv done abit of research as I am looking at replacing the trailing arm setup in the back of my fc rx7. Id be more inclined to look at a Silvia rear subframe, as aftermarket parts and readily available and cheap. Or as Truenotch mentioned, a mx5 subframe as they are compact, and would be a breeze to mount as the mounting points on the subframe are just a flat rectangle. Not sure about the hub to hub width of a mx5 subframe, but the s13 silvia is about 1530ish. The later models are wider again. In comparison, a standard dx diff is about 1410mm.

Iv been tempted to do it to the back of mine, so I could get it slammed and keep the wheels nice and tight against the guards, but I already had the T3 arms etc, so just gonna stay solid.

Good luck with project, hope that might help a little..

Drifting with camber is all good.

IRS conversion is a major. Especially if it's from a different car and you have to shorten it. I'm going to give it a go but will be from one identical body to the other. IRS to Live.

Remember MX5's are FWD offset.

If you extend the LCAs you will loose the amount of wheel width you can run. Not good if you're trying to get as much wheel into factory guards as possible but if you want to go flares then the sky is the limit. Just some things to think about. No necessarily saying it can't be done. It's probably quite easy if you're a skilled fabricator.

I'm liking the way this is going :D

cheers Simon. good news on the drifting :D should also be fun on windy back roads (grip not drift)

this is the c's garage corolla ke70.jpg

with the lengthened front LCA (about an inch from memory)

and this is the kind of stance im going for. and am not worried how far the bottom of the rim sticks out as long as the tire tread is under the guard. should be about the same in the back with the shorter upper control arm and wheels tucked right up.

Nice.

I got a set of longer TT132 LCAs here. Might sell them for the right price. I think they are about 15-20mm longer IIRC. They will bolt in.

I'm cutting over an inch out of mine and redesigning the strut etc. Need to tuck 14x9.5 -10 under fully factory guards lols. When I will actually get time to do this I don't know haha.

Might take those to work actually, where I can look at them till they are done.

What wheels are you planning to run? Wantanabes like your pic?

Keep in mind that on factoryish guards you can fit about a 15x8 to 15x9 if its roughly a 0 offset.

If you increase your rear track by 90mm, even with shitloads of camber, youre going to be struggling to get a decent size/offset in there.

The other issue is that a wider rear track has a tendency to make a car understeer, even if you increase the LCA length by an inch a side, thats still roughly 40mm less than the rear.

Please dont think Im bagging your idea, Im all about it, and wana see ya get it done. It might be that you need to shorten the subframe/axles, or look at doing some gnarly widebody dtm style guards etc..

mm, was thinking 15x8 with zero offset, as have them on my cressida, so would be alright to test fit, to have something to work with till i buy some more, either Watanabe or a widened steel rim.

the way i see it is, if i get the mx5 subframe in there and it is definitely to wide to work with, then i will shorten it up, and that is no problem to do so.