Brennan's, ke70 Corolla, 3sge Beams powered.

Brennan

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man, it's easy enough to get the file off and email it down. 

Colby Resonator?

?

l31067001.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of how the Flowmaster copy sounds on my 86, it's a bit tinny/raspy. IMO a decent straight through muffler and a resonator should be enough. 

Something like this: 

4654af46cd2059f9.jpg

Yip Mainland is branching out into resonators, haha.

Has to be quiet. was no fun with the last noisy ke70. received far to much attention. 

Do you know what flowmaster exhaust you have a copy of?

I was looking at a 50 series, or a 60 series, if Pro Parts stock them. there Pricing is pretty sharp, compared to getting it from Summit.

family_banner2_lrg_zps303047d4.jpg

No idea, but it looks like this: 

Flowfast%20O-O.jpgflowfast_muffler.jpg

I dont like chase parts, they are overpriced for everything flanges/mufflers/pipe.

Autobend and Tube Bending NZ ltd are my new favourite places to shop.

I like the idea of a silent car. If there is minimal power loss, whats the disadvantage of having a silent weapon? If only they could make silent skidding tires, then you could have a ninja manji car.

• Like 2

What would you recommend to do with/about the PCV valve?

I do have a ventilated catch can there to use.

Should i remove the valve?

I noticed on yours, @truenotch, that you had two right angles on top.

did you block off the side hole where the valve was?

• 3 weeks later...

Currently working on getting a 3sge into my corona, super nice build thread and ke70.

Just a question, I'm going to strengthen my shock mounts and fit something similar to your coilovers in the rear. Is it best to have them sitting upwards like that? Correct the huge angle the factory shocks have?

Ok, So it didnt look like this then :(

9526150065_0a4212c1b0_z.jpg

I think im going to try find a U bend to come out of the throttle side, then from there copy you.

Mine had the PCV where the round blank is on the top of your rocker cover. I just jammed in a spare 90° fitting from another cover and turned them to my preferred direction. You could easily block off that PCV hole and just drill a hole for another 90° fitting - they're just an interference fit. 

Question: Did you make new hanger mounts to keep the 2-piece driveshaft? Looks good! I'd like to go 2-piece and will have to do the same. 

@crooked my rear coilovers still have as much angle as we could get on them, with the caliper in the way. They should be close to the same angle as factory.

@eke_zetec that sounds like far to much work to me haha and braided is far to fancy.

Ok, I started on a u bend yesterday to come out of the side and up over the top.

On two piece Drive Shaft, yea we mounted the bearing in the middle with a little bracket on each side.

Altezza two piece shafts are <$100 from ToyoTas Nissin Parts world.

When are you down next? so i can grab that basemap?

Getting close to needing a tune :D