Brennan's, ke70 Corolla, 3sge Beams powered.

Brennan

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you've used the factory Altezza front half and shortened the rear? 

Hah, I was just down last weekend. I'll rip the tune off it next time I'm out at the workshop and can email it to you. 

The front half was shortened as well. cant remember why. but has worked out mint.

sweet. will have to should you some burgerfuel, if you make it to another monthly meet

Ok, So it didnt look like this then :(

9526150065_0a4212c1b0_z.jpg

I think im going to try find a U bend to come out of the throttle side, then from there copy you.

That top cover is the same casting between the FWD engines and RWD ones - on my engine, the PCV valve sits on the top, where the round recess is just above the PCV valves current location. So you could just drill a hole there and block the other one up. Or find a FWD top cover I guess. If you're not going to use a PCV valve, then it doesnt matter if you use just the one hose on the right hand side of the picture. As the PCV side isnt going to do anything if not connected to vaccum anyway.

• Like 1

Is your exhaust going under the diff? How much clearance is there?

Heaps of room under the diff. Although I do want to raise it up to make it a bit easier to dyno. Which will leave less room for the exhaust to go under the diff.

The area i have the least space is around the coby. Its hanging a bit low, although im pretty sure it isn't as low as the front spoiler and sump guard I am getting water jet out of aluminium.

• 3 weeks later...

hey man im in palmy was wondering if i cld get ur number to discuss ur project on a few particulars as im doin the same thing with a 2dr wagon but end result is to hav it as a track car. getting same motor so first up engine mounts? how did u do urs? txt me on my cell 0275906002 or call anytime wld b a big help az this is my first ground up build cheers 

Dont post in the build thread man

look for the discussion  thread

Edited by HighLUX

hey man im in palmy was wondering if i cld get ur number to discuss ur project on a few particulars as im doin the same thing with a 2dr wagon but end result is to hav it as a track car. getting same motor so first up engine mounts? how did u do urs? txt me on my cell 0275906002 or call anytime wld b a big help az this is my first ground up build cheers

look for the discussion thread

Lol ma bad I'm new t this site

Whats left Mr Brennan?

Brought a new brake cylinder and fitted yesterday. Forgot to buy a new bleeder for a rear caliper. As one of them is rounded off.

Have also ordered a new catch can. Which should be easier to run lines to.

Then need to to take some time off work, to take it to Keith Stewart to be dyno'd. Then to levin for cert.

look for the discussion thread

Engine mounts were pretty straight forward.

Was just a piece of box section cut in half and welded to the cross member. Is fairly easy to see how to make them once you get the engine sitting in the engine bay. Hopefully this will be at November/Decembers? monthly meet if you want to come along for a look. 0275989439 if you have more questions.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yea. What Mitch said. Had a few little quirks that he put down to, the engine internals being a bit corroded. Having sat for more than two years. So will take it back after I have done some good k's in it and see if we can get an improvement.

At least it is now drivable. And bloody fun to drive.

• Like 1

Check out the VVTi map - it should looks something like this: 

Inlet cam timming 

0rpm 0% 
800rpm 10%movement 
1600 15% 
2k 25% 
24 35% 
28is 45%which is max movement on inlet cam 
5200 is still 45% 
56 is 44% 
6k 35%