Triumph2500's Absolutely mint 72' Trump 2000

Slacker_Sam.

• 1 month later...

I hope you didn't sand back the original bonnet! I'm not adverse to those mods but why would you want to do it to a completely immaculate original car, it's pretty much ruining its appeal don't you think? Don't you have other Triumphs to 'rat' up instead?

I've kept the original bonnet. I would never sand down such a mint bonnet! I wasnt going to put the rusty one on but, in the heat of the moment i thought I would chuck it on just for a look. And Fuel it still is immaculate, I could quite easily put it back to standard in a matter of hours. as for appeal, it all depends on who your appealing to.

Those wheels look bang on man! Personally I'd slap some smaller tyres on it though. Grille looks good, matches the PI/S garnish that someones popped on the back panel between the tail lights too.

My grandad had a BRG 2000 Mk2, it's where my enthusiasm for these cars comes from I think.

I've kept the original bonnet. I would never sand down such a mint bonnet! I wasnt going to put the rusty one on but, in the heat of the moment i thought I would chuck it on just for a look.

Phew!

standard mint bonnet... 8)

Rusty bonnet... :doubt::pukeleft:

Wheels are hot! Looking sweet. so mint. A older fella in Blenheim has his dark green MK1 for sale. Ohhhhhh always at the wrong time.....

Another +1 for the green bonnet to be refitted. Also I personally do not like more camber on rear than front.

But yeah, am amazed at the condition! Awesome!

Did you spot the cheap one on TM in mot late last year? I was tempted to look at it but decided I'd best not as I have no room/time/money for another car.

I do loves trumpets

I quite like the rusty bonnet look on this TBH - harks back to the race spec with black bonnets.

Would be especially awesome if the number plate was stenciled onto the rusty bonnet..

My 2c = keep it as is and roll mint bonnet when it suits the occasion.. change em around like ties..

Also top marks on such a pearler find.. GOOD score!!

Another +1 for the green bonnet to be refitted. Also I personally do not like more camber on rear than front.

But yeah, am amazed at the condition! Awesome!

Did you spot the cheap one on TM in mot late last year? I was tempted to look at it but decided I'd best not as I have no room/time/money for another car.

I do loves trumpets

I'm going to do as "K-trips" said, swap the bonnets to suit the occasion. Im heading to nelson car show in Febuary so ill be running the mint green bonnet in that. And are we talking about the white one with red interior for $950? if so that was mine, I was selling it. I payed $400 for it, used it as a runner for a while whilst fixing my celica, then sold it. I thought $950 was about right, it ran well, and was pretty tidy but was nothing special. I see people asking stupid money on TM for 2000's or 2500 TC's when they're not really worth it. Only the PI's or the S's are worth the real coin.

As for the green one, I didn't actually want it but the price was far to good to pass on. There was a 1977 Reg on hold Manual O/D 2.5 TC for sale in nelson for $350, paint was shot, and a wee bit of rust. very fixable still. I didnt have the room for it though. The bloke might still have it.