Auckland Summer cruise!!!! Take 2

EURON8

ok, as a refresher here is the old thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28456

I thought it easier to start a new thread seen everything is different ish.

DATE: 18th December 2011

WHAT: Oldschool cruise from greenlane out to south east auckland

WHEN:10:00 - 10:30 am -- Meet at Greenlane McDonalds/Countdown. Get nibbles/brews (see below for brews)

11:00am -- Leave carpark and head towards Orere Point.

WHENEVER -- Arrive at park, lunch sports toys pics whatevers

AFTER WHENEVER -- Leave

Notes:

Cruise - here is the route im thinking of http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?saddr=Cou ... 2&t=h&z=11

there is a park at the end of Howard Road which ill check out. Should be all good for park up

He is a zoomed in map of where i found. Different spot to link above just other side of town. If you go to street view you can see the area, picnc tables, plenty of space, water close by

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=Howard+ ... d&t=h&z=17

- We will stop along the way at least once to regroup/let new cars that broke up the convoy GTFO/take some snaps

Maps - Once cruise route is nutted out ill put directions together so if any gets lost or cruise gets to broken up. Will also include directions for quickest route back to Auckland from hot pools for thsse who need it.

Dont have an OSride going? OS i a friendly bunch and i would have no issues jumping in a car of any of the cats ive met, so dont be shy, ask for a ride and lets see if we can get all OS rides and fill em up. Just remember a gas donation goes a long way.

This should turn into a relatively cheap day out. And hope the weather is nice enough on the day.

ok... go!

DISCLAIMER THIS TIME :wink: : This cruise will happen rain or shine.

We might get a tad wet at the end spot but meh. bring a jacket slash umbrella

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind which date, but neither of my oldschool rides will be in a fit state to use. =(

If we decide to scrap the hotpools and go to a beach, the hotpools could be the backup destination. Hotpools, unlike beaches, are still good in the rain (and the cold and the dark, the worse the weather the more awesome).... unless having a barbecue beside the pool was in the plan.